GOODBYE (KiriBakuTodoDeku)

REQUESTED BY Azkel Zayzon from Facebook

~ ANGST WARNING ~

If he could, he would tear the intertwined hands that displayed in front of him and keep them apart; If he could, he would wipe those happy smiles that they shared and didn't care about the sadness he was feeling; if he could, he would cut his ears off just so he could stop listening to them saying how much they loved each other; if he could, he would poke his eyes blind just so he could stop seeing how happy the latter was in another's arms; if he could, he would rip his heart out and die on the spot just to stop the pain he had been feeling...

If he could...

"Deku-kun... you okay?" Uraraka's voice snapped Midoriya and he realized he had been glaring at his boyfriend-- no, ex-boyfriend-- as he flirted with his blonde childhood friend, Bakugo, while they shared lunch together at the cafeteria.

"Y-yes..." Midoriya answered, averting his eyes from the new couple bitterly and glared at his food-- Katsudon-- which he used to love, but now... now nothing helps cheer him up.

"We can switch places so you can't see them," Uraraka said with an encouraging smile but the greenhead just shook his head and slowly ate his lunch-- forcing his eyes to look down only on his food and nothing else.

It had been a few weeks since it happened-- Midoriya and Kirishima got called to the principal's office to see Todoroki and Bakugo already inside as well as Aizawa-sensei, All Might, Principal Nezu and a woman who was introduced as Aiko-- an old friend of All Might and an alumnus at UA.

Apparently, she had accidentally bumped into Bakugo while walking down the halls and had activated her quirk, which was dubbed as Black Magic-- a quirk where just by touching them, she can hypnotize anyone and force them into believing that they are in love with another person. The quirk is irreversible and has no time limit so it was hard to say when Bakugo was going to get back to normal.

Todoroki was walking not so far from Bakugo when it happened and also got half of the blast Bakugo received. Eventually, they were the first person each had laid an eye on, instantly activating the quirk and had them feel powerful infatuation with each other.

This had surprised both Kirishima and Midoriya since the moment they stepped inside the office, Bakugo and Todoroki were holding hands which were a first since both boys hated each other's guts and Bakugo won't be caught dead holding another person's hand, even if it was Eiji.

"Another thing," Aiko said, "Their memories were also altered by my quirk; since they both think that they're each other's boyfriends, they would probably think that the memories you've had with them happened in the past,"

"Meaning?" Kirishima asked.

"They think of us as their ex-boyfriends, is that it?" Midoriya asked and Aiko nodded.

"Isn't there any other way to reverse the effects of the quirk?" Kirishima asked in frustration, "Eri-chan might--"

"Eri's powers are still unstable and would be more dangerous if we try it on them," Aizawa answered.

"So we just have to wait until it wears off?" Midoriya asked.

"You can try and bring them back on your own," Aiko said, "But it would take time and the result is unsure... Normally my quirk lasts for just about a few days to a month, depending on how hard they were hit by it... But due to the effects of the quirk enhancer that had been inside my body that time, I couldn't control it and even I don't know how it would prolong..."

Kirishima clicked his tongue in annoyance before standing up from his seat and walking up to Bakugo who was busy snuggling to Todoroki.

"Bakugo, let's go," Kirishima called and both boys looked at him in confusion.