BEGIN AGAIN pt. 1 (TodoDeku)

Was chilling and listening to Taylor Swift's new album FOLKLORE and had the inspiration to write a one-shot (lol)

This is part two-ish of SURPRISE.

~

"To be honest, it feels great and I feel honored whenever I patrol among the streets and people would recognize me as the number one hero, it had been my dream ever since I was a child," Midoriya answered as he underwent an interview for a magazine that featured him and a few other top-ten heroes.

The interviewer jotted down notes with a nod. "Deku-san, let's go off topic for a bit, shall we?" she said before scanning over her notes. "It's not unknown to the public that you and currently number three hero Shoto are very great friends since you two went to school together and had been keeping in touch even after you became pro-heroes... do you have any input regarding the latest news about him and Sora's announcement of calling off their wedding?"

Midoriya kept a smile on his face despite being taken aback by the question. He knew that when he agreed to do the interview, this question would pop out-- he had hoped it wouldn't though.

It had been almost a year when he and Todoroki last spoke and though they would often see each other due to work, they share very little to no conversation at all-- not after they had broken up after Midoriya found out that not only was Todoroki cheating on him for the past months of their relationship, but he also got the girl pregnant. Their relationship, however, had been kept a secret with only their closest friends knowing it.

"What do you want to hear?" Midoriya jokingly say with a chuckle. "I mean... Shoto and I are friends, as you say we are, so I think giving an input regarding something as personal as that would be a good idea. I just hope that there were no hard feelings between them and still wish the best for them,"

The interview lasted on for almost half a day and as soon as it ended, Midoriya decided to pass by the local bar to get a few drinks before heading on home.

He ordered his drink and sat by the counter, his eyes scanning around the people that were enjoying their own sweet time at the bar as he thought about the interview that happened earlier and his last shared conversation with Todoroki.

"Midoriya? W-what... what are you doing here?" Todoroki asked, surprised to see the greenhead standing in front of him.

"Is... is Sora there?" Midoriya asked.

Todoroki sighed. "I don't want any trouble, Midoriya,"

"I'm not going to make a scene," Midoriya insisted, his voice going louder than usual before he realized he was shouting and mumbled a sorry. Todoroki noticed that he was trembling too.

"What do you want with Sora?" Todoroki said, "She's asleep,"

"I-I... I just want to talk to her that's all..." Midoriya said, his head bowed. "A-and... wish you two the best with your wedding and... your child, and..."

Todoroki looked down at Midoriya. "I'll give her the message then," he said as he reached for the door and prepared to close it. "I'll tell her you came by and--"

Before Todoroki could even finish his sentence, Midoriya lunged at him-- wrapping his arms around Todoroki's neck as Midoriya got a taste of his lips one more time. Todoroki struggled to push Midoriya away but the latter kept his arms wrapped tight around him until Todoroki finally managed to push Midoriya away.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Todoroki yelled.

"I-I'm sorry, I..." Midoriya mumbled before bowing his head as tears escaped his eyes.