|30|

"Sire, you need to come to western Europe, as soon as possible," Igor announce to Deckard who was busy throwing punches at the punching bag that is slowly becoming vulnerable and starting to lose grip.

Hindi niya ito pinakinggan at nagpatuloy sa suntok ng punching bag. He want to ease himself to all the responsibilities and thoughts weighing him down. Gusto niyang kalimutan ang mga gina-gampanan niya sa suntok.

Igor hissed sharply again as if he was the boss "Deckard, I said you need to come to Western Europe."

"Why the fuck would I come there?" He stated nonchalantly and goes to the nearest bench in the gym and sit while rubbing his sweaty self with a towel and drinks water for refreshment.

"The Don of Frescobaldi is proposing a truce between you, the Don of Lantsolov to stop the two-century war between the two families," Igor added that made him unwind.

"Why? so they could take advantage of our kindness? if we're having a truce then the 230-year war that our ancestors declared would be meaningless."

"Why can't you be considerate? having the Frescobaldis' as an alliance would be made a huge pact." Igor added with a suppressing tone with matching hand gestures as if he is proposing a business project.

"I'm doing what's the best for the Mafia and myself. Once I decide something, then it's done."

"You're always doing the best for yourself, that's why you left her," Igor whispered to the air but Deckard can hear it as clear as the blue sky.

"Stop mentioning her name around me." Deckard strictly said.

"I was pertaining about your Mother who left you yesterday because of your unpredictable mood swings, Deckard. Not Lucreszia."

"Oh, just shut up. When is the Truce with the Italians?" Deckard asked to change the topic.

He have been avoiding and forgetting that name for the past five years. Many people forgot about her for the five years she went silent and gone, but many people are trying to remember her through the masterpieces she made. Ayaw na niya itong makita magpakailanman, pero ang pangalan ng babae ang laman ng puso niya at ang mga masasaya na memorya nito sa kanya ay nakatatak parin sa ulo niya.

Lucreszia's smell, smile, laugh, and body are still fresh as a daisy from Deckard's thoughts. Forgetting her in his life is one of the hardest things he had to do. She was the reason why he wants to live longer and be with her for the rest of his life... But now, those reasons are just covered by the painful reality that binds them apart.

"DECKARDO!" bigla siyang napukaw sa isip niya noong biglang sumigaw si Igor na sabay tawa ng nakaka-loko.

"W-what?" He asked while stuttering because of discomfort. This asshole, of all the people who work with him, why did he even choose Igor to deal with his works?

"I said the Truce will be today, 7 PM sharp."

"Today? how come it is today?!" Sigaw niya kay Igor at ginulong lang nito ang mga mata niya.

"I already told you about that a month ago. The Truce will be at Tuscany in the Frescobaldi Villa."

"Their Tuscany villa? isn't it three kilometers away from the Lombardo Ancestral Mansion?" Tanong niya.

Deckard suddenly remembers the invitation card he got from Venice personally to celebrate their fourth anniversary but he is planning not to come. He is always present from their wedding to anniversary parties as he is friends with both Venice and Sergio.

But the only thing that always keeps him coming back to their parties is the hope of Lucreszia might be present in their occasion because Deckard knew Luca and Venice have been friends for such a long time but she didn't show up even at baptizing Sergio and Venice's son, Sergei.