1. disowned.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy's summer was pretty much terrible.

Now that the Minister had confirmed that Voldemort was back, her father became even more protective than last summer. He was also very upset when he found out that Addy had faced Voldemort and his followers herself back in June.

He was furious when he discovered the scars that Umbridge had given her. Apparently, the two used to date back in their fifth year, but he broke up with her for Addy's mom, which explains Umbridge's hatred towards Addy. It remains a mystery how her father was attracted to the toad.

Her parents did not know about Addy's ability to see the future; she had asked Dumbledore if he could keep it private from them, which he agreed to. If they knew, they would constantly fuss over her and get too clingy.

The good things were that Hermione, Ron, and Harry constantly wrote her letters, keeping her updated on things.

Addy found herself thinking about the new school year. For the last two years, Harry had been seen as an outcast, so she hoped that this year would be better for him.

He had just lost his godfather however, so it may not be a fully great year; his emotions would still be raw and fresh.

Addy made plans with the Weasley's to visit them at the Burrow a week before term started. Several days before she was supposed to leave her house, her dad confronted her.

"Addy. I will not allow you to return to Hogwarts." he said in a demanding voice. Addy's heart dropped.

Not this. Anything but this.

"Dad! Why not?" Addy protested. Her mother spoke up.

"Dear, your father is right. Now that You-Know-Who is back, things are far too dangerous here. In fact, we were thinking of fleeing the country. Maybe going to America. We can homeschool you there."

"So we're just running away-"

"YOUNG LADY! DON'T YOU DARE BACK TALK YOUR MOTHER!" her father roared, startling her, "YOU WILL NOT GO BACK TO HOGWARTS! IF YOU DO, YOU ARE NO LONGER A DAUGHTER TO US!"

Addy had never heard her father yell like this before. She wanted to go back to Hogwarts more than anything, but in return it seemed as if she would lose her parents.

"Dad-" Addy trailed off. He continued to glare at her. She rushed up to her room and slammed the door.

Addy paced, fuming. If her parents didn't want to keep her anymore, then fine. She would find somewhere else to go.

It hurt that they would just take off. Addy felt envious of the Weasley's, who were a brave family, in the Order. Harry's parents had taken part of that organization as well when they were alive. Hermione's parents were muggles, so they had an excuse.

She didn't mind if her parents were in the Order or not, but she was shocked that they would just give up and flee so easily, not wanting to put up a fight.

Addy often wondered where she channeled her Gryffindor spirit from. She didn't have very many wizards in the family, but the ones that were, were in Ravenclaw.

She spent the next several days in her room, only leaving to sneak some food upstairs.

Her father and mother hadn't bothered with speaking to her.

Whenever her father would get angry, it wasn't pretty. Her mother however could keep her temper in check easily. It was an odd, yet balanced pair. However, her father was the most furious Addy had ever seen him. Her mother could usually calm him down, but it seemed as if she had stepped back.