35. xenophilius lovegood.

Ron, Harry, and Addy were all sitting together in the tent that night. Hermione a created a fire and was sitting outside, alone.

"Will she ever stop being mad at me?" Ron asked sadly.

"Keep talking about the ball of light going through your heart. She'll come around." Harry chuckled. The way Ron had found the three was because of his Deluminator. It created a ball of light that went through Ron's chest, letting him Apparate to them. He could hear Hermione's voice as well.

"By the way, do you guys need any wands, I got some extras from the Snatchers." Ron said pulling out several wands. He had been kidnapped by Snatchers during his journey alone.

"Yeah! My wand's broken." Harry said taking it. There was a candle sitting in front of the three that was dying out.

"Engorgio." Harry pointed his wand at it. The fire was supposed to grow a little, but instead, became a huge flame that towered over the three.

"REDUCTO! REDUCTO!" Harry shouted quickly.

"You need some practice or you're going to hurt someone." Addy said shaking her head. Hermione joined them in the tent.

"I need to see Xenophilius Lovegood." she said, speaking directly to Addy and Harry. She was obviously still cross with Ron.

"Why?" Addy asked. Hermione showed them a symbol that was in her witches and wizard tales book that Dumbledore had given her from his will.

"Xenophilius Lovegood was wearing this symbol at Bill and Fleur's wedding. I also saw it on a grave at Godrics Hallow. It keeps popping up everywhere!"

"What if it's another dead end." Addy said quietly, "We don't want a repeat of Godric's Hollow."

Hermione sighed, "I know, but it's important that we go. What good is it going to to if we're just sitting around."

So the four decided to visit the Lovegood's. The winter holidays were drawing close to an end, so they might possibly meet up with their friend Luna. They Apparated there and knocked on the door.

Xenophilius Lovegood looked more tired than he had at the wedding. He seemed shocked to see Harry standing at his doorstep. He led them inside and the four began to question him.

"Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?" Lovegood raised his eyebrows.

"The Deathly Hallows?" Hermione asked.

"Are you all familiar with The Tale of the Three Brothers?"

Everyone answered yes, except for Harry. Addy remembered her parents reading this story to her countless times during her childhood.

"I have a copy here." Hermione said pulling out the book Dumbledore gave her.

She began to read. Since Addy had practically memorized this story by heart, she found her attention wandering. She also found herself glancing over at Harry many times. His bright green eyes were fixed on his hands, which he fiddled with. His gaze occasionally travelled up to her.

Once Hermione finished, Lovegood said, "There you have it. The Deathly Hallows. The Invisibility Cloak, the Elder Wand, and the Resurrection Stone. Would you like some tea?"

The four looked at each other at the sudden change in the conversation, but nodded. Lovegood left the room.

"It has to be real." Addy said, "If the cloak exists, why wouldn't the wand and stone?"

Hermione dismissed her theory, "This trip was a waste of time. There is no such thing as the Deathly Hallows!"

"But Hermione, why would the sign be in your book? Dumbledore must've given us a clue of some sort." Harry argued.

Hermione opened her mouth to protest, but Ron spoke up, "I agree with Hermione. The Deathly Hallows is probably just rubbish. We should stick to the horcruxes."

Addy and Harry shared a look. Ron was only saying this to get on Hermione's good side. The four continued to argue whether the Deathly Hallows were real or not, when suddenly, They heard a loud noise outside.

Lovegood rushed back into the room peeked out the window. Addy shared apprehensive looks with her friends once they saw what was out there.

Death Eaters.

"Mr. Lovegood, where's Luna?" Hermione asked. They hadn't seen her at all, which was strange. There was a knock on the door.

Lovegood spoke quietly, "They took my Luna, because of what I had been writing." he was the editor of the Quibbler, which supported Harry, "If they know that I possess the top two Undesirables, I might get her back."

"Mr. Lovegood, I'm sorry about Luna, but we're not just going to go quietly." Addy stood up from her chair and motioned to Harry, Ron, and Hermione to leave.

The four was about to Apparate when the Death Eaters banged the door harder. They were going to break in.

"Over here!" Hermione exclaimed, motioning towards the stairs. The four did as she told and rushed, just as the Death Eaters barged in. The four crammed themselves into a small closet.

"We need to leave!" Harry whispered to everyone, his mouth near her ear. Addy's back was pressed up against his chest because of the tight space. She ignored the heat rising on her face.

She could hear Lovegood trying to convince the Death Eaters that Harry and Addy were here.

"Ron, get under the cloak." Hermione hissed. Harry passed him the Invisibility Cloak and he hid under it.

"Let's go." Hermione pushed opened the closet door as the Death Eaters climbed the stairs. Their eyes widened with shock at the sight of the two Undesirables.

They all Apparated away into a forest.

"Why'd you hide me under the cloak?" Ron asked as they began to perform enchantments in their new location.

"If they knew you were here, your family would be in danger." Hermione hissed as she pitched the tent.

"Oh. Thanks."

"I needed them to get a glimpse of Harry and Addy so Mr. Lovegood wouldn't get in trouble."

"Honestly, I don't know what we'd do without you Hermione." Addy smiled at her friend as they walked inside. Hermione beamed, but not for long.

"Poor Luna, I hope she's alright." she said sadly.

"Luna's tougher than you think. If she's in Azkaban, I'm sure she'll be teaching the other prisoners about Nargles." Addy reassured her.

"I'm positive that the Deathly Hallows are real. I have one right now!" Harry held up his cloak, "I think Volde-"

"SHUT UP!" Ron roared, causing the three to jump. Harry gave him a glare, "The name's taboo. That's how they tracked us back in the coffee shop over the summer. That's how they've been capturing people."

"That's actually pretty smart." Addy said thoughtfully. She turned to Harry, "What were you saying about You-Know-Who?"

"I think he's after the Elder Wand. That's why I've been having visions of him capturing wand-makers."

Hermione dismissed his theory and headed off to find something for dinner. Ron followed her out to create a fire.

"You could be right Harry," Addy said as she picked up a book and sat down on the couch, "Don't jump to conclusions yet though."

────── ∼❃∼ ───────

Vote and comment!