43. the battle of hogwarts.

Addy remembered going into the Chamber with Ron and Harry in their second year to save Ginny. That seemed so long ago. They were just going on innocent adventures. Their lives had changed so much since then. After they got in, the three reached a passage that would only open with Parstletounge.

Ron began to speak in a horrible strangled voice. The passage door opened.

"Harry talks in his sleep." Ron smirked over at Hermione, who was getting more and more amazed with Ron by the second. Addy was starting to feel like the third wheel. She momentarily distracted herself by imagining how Harry would've sounded speaking Parstletongue in his sleep. Her mind began travelling towards interesting places, so she had to refocus herself.

They entered the Chamber and found a basilisk fang.

"You should do it Hermione." Ron said.

"I-I can't." Hermione said worriedly. Ron picked up her hand and placed the fang in it, while looking deep into her eyes.

"Yes you can."

Hermione sighed and bent down beside the horcrux which they had lain on the floor. She lifted the fang above her head and struck it. Suddenly, a wave of water began to rise. Ron grabbed Hermione's hand and ran. Addy followed, but the wave caught up with them and splashed on them.

Hermione and Ron gazed at each other before kissing passionately, their arms wrapped around. Addy would've normally just left her friends alone, but they had a war they needed to get back to.

"Guys." she said. The two didn't seem to listen and continued to kiss.

"We've got to go." Addy tried again. They paid her no attention.

"OI, YOU HORMONEOUS TEENAGERS!" Addy shouted. Ron and Hermione pulled away quickly.

"Sorry, but we've got somewhere to be." Addy motioned towards the exit.

"Yeah." Ron said dreamily, looking back at Hermione, "It's either now or never, isn't it." Hermione flushed. The two followed Addy out of the Chamber and back into the school, where they ran into a frantic Harry.

"Where have you guys been!" he asked, "Why are you all wet?"

"It was Ron's idea, all his!" Hermione exclaimed, "We used a basilisk fang and destroyed the horcrux! Down in the Chamber of Secrets!"

"Brilliant!" Harry matched her tone, "So we're one horcrux down?"

The three nodded. Harry then told his story.

"I know where the diadem is! We need to go to the Room of Requirement! C'mon!" Harry grabbed Addy's hand and they followed him to the room. She still hadn't forgiven him completely for his actions, but allowed him to steer her around. There might not be enough time for sincere apologies. They needed to move on.

By now, Death Eaters had entered the castle and was attacking people, who thankfully fought back. They had to duck and swerve over spells being thrown.

Addy could spot Neville living up to his parents. He was the one who was doing the most damage to the opposing team.

They arrived at the Room of Requirement.

"Tonks! What are you doing here?" Addy asked. The familiar woman was standing around nervously, but her face lit up at the sight of Addy, Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

"You're alright!" Tonks exclaimed as she pulled Addy into a hug, doing the same thing with the others, "I came here to see! I couldn't just stay at home without knowing. Is Remus alright?"

"Yeah, I think he's leading a troop over to the west side of the castle or something." Harry answered. Tonks immediately rushed over to the exit, not before giving the three a wave.