5. quidditch tryouts.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

It was finally Quidditch tryouts. Addy, Harry, and Ron went down to the Great Hall to have breakfast with Hermione before heading out to the field.

"I dunno why the team's so popular this year." Harry said, looking over at the list of people who had signed up to tryout. It was nearly two pages long.

Hermione made an impatient noise, "Don't you see Harry! It's because of you two. You're is known as the "Chosen One" and Addy's ability to see the future is well known now!"

"So?" Harry asked. Sometimes he just didn't understand things that were social related.

"So? You've never been more fanciable." Hermione said simply. Ron began to choke on his food, probably from laughter and shock. Addy rolled her eyes at him and thumped his back as Hermione continued, "And it doesn't hurt that you got taller over the summer."

"I'm dating Addy. Why would people come after me?" Harry asked confused as Ron continued to laugh and choke. Addy gave him a swift kick from under the table.

"You just don't understand this type of stuff." Hermione huffed, "Besides, Addy got prettier over the summer too. Even more people are bound to fancy her now, and not just for her visions."

Harry shrugged, "I see no lies there."

"I don't think it'll hurt to get there early." Addy looked out the window to hide her flushing face, "We can start tryouts sooner if possible."

Ron and Harry agreed so they headed over to the field. They split off with Hermione who went to go watch the tryouts from the bleachers.

"Good luck Ron." she smiled at him and departed away.

When they got to the field, there was already a crowd of people forming, warming up. Harry and Addy set up the equipment they needed and went to go address them.

"So I was thinking we could start trying out the Chasers first!" Harry announced. Ron was standing in front of the crowd, silently and anxiously.

No one paid attention to Harry's words. Instead, they continued to buzz.

Ginny, who was standing beside Addy and Harry, roared, "SHUT IT!"

The crowd became quiet instantly.

"Thanks." Harry nodded at Ginny, "Alright, just because you made the team last year, doesn't mean that you will make it this year."

Ron awkwardly shuffled with his feet.

So they began to try out the Chasers. But it wasn't easy. There were a group of girls who kept giggling and gossiping instead of doing what they were supposed to do.

Romilda Vane was amongst them. No surprise there.

Thankfully, Harry told them to leave the tryouts, since they obviously didn't have the intention of being on the team, and they left to go sit on the bleachers. Hermione watched them, annoyed.

Eventually, they were able to check out the Chasers. Since Addy was already one, they only needed two more.

"Ginny's doing really good." she pointed out as they watched the students trying out for the Chasers.

"I agree. So is Katie Bell. I think we found ourselves two Chasers." Harry nodded.

Then they moved onto Beaters. There was more problems here. A seventh year boy focused on making conversation with Addy instead of his exercise. He looked as if he had no intention of riding his broom at all today.