4. amortentia.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

It was the first day of classes. Hermione and Addy split up with Ron and Harry and headed over to their Potions classroom with Professor Slughorn.

They shared this class with the Slytherins. Thankfully, Crabbe and Goyle were not in this class. Unfortunately, Pansy Parkinson and Draco Malfoy were.

Addy and Hermione stood with the other students as Professor Slughorn began to talk about the class. Addy found herself standing beside a shimmery substance that gave off the scent of butterbeer, the wood of a Quidditch broom, and weirdly the fabric of Harry's grey sweater, her favorite one of his. Harry had lent it to her many times whenever he thought she would be cold.

After about ten minutes into the class, the door opened and Harry and Ron walked in.

"Ah Mr. Potter! I was beginning to worry." Slughorn exclaimed. Addy figured that McGonagall forced them to take this class, since they currently had a free period.

"I haven't gotten my books yet, nor has Ron, sir." Harry spoke up.

"That's alright. Take what you need from the cupboard." Slughorn answered dismissively.

Addy could see Ron and Harry wrestling each other for a book. Ron had grabbed it first and Harry irritatingly whacked him with his own old book. They came over and stood by Addy and Hermione, who was rolling her eyes at their behavior.

"Now who can tell me what this potion is?" Slughorn said, motioning to the shimmery substance that was beside Addy.

"It's Amortentia!" Hermione answered quickly, "It's the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each of us, according to what attracts us, and I can smell freshly mown grass and new parchment and-" Hermione stopped and began to blush.

Addy would definitely interrogate her later about it. She also realized why the potion reminded her of Harry.

She was attracted to him, of course.

Beside her, Harry looked half amused and embarrassed. He shot a shy glance over at Addy, who smiled back. She turned away and her eyes happened to land on Draco. He seemed different.

Normally he would probably be boasting what his Amortentia would smell like, but this time he seemed very distracted and if possible, anxious. Maybe Harry was right, he could be a Death Eater possibly.

Addy looked back at Harry who was raising a brow at her, probably wondering why she was watching Draco.

"Yes, that is correct Miss. Granger!" Slughorn said jovially, bringing Addy back into reality. He motioned towards another potion, "Who can tell me what this one would be?"

"It's Felix Felicis. Liquid luck, it makes you lucky!" Hermione said excitedly. Everyone in the class seemed to pay attention suddenly.

"Yes, this is what I will be offering as a price. You will all attempt to make the Draught of Living Death. The person who does this the best will win the little Felix here." Slughorn explained, "Now, off you go."

Addy wasn't in a desperate need to be lucky, but it would be cool to win something like this. She would probably give it to Harry however. Every year, he always manages to get himself nearly killed.

Creating the potion was tricky. Harry however seemed to be doing better than most of the people in the class, including Hermione. He followed the instructions differently than what everyone else was doing. He was grinning down at his book and potion as he cut up his ingredients. Addy found herself watching Harry for a little too long, though who could blame her, he looked nice when he was concentrating. She quickly snapped back to reality again and focused on her work.