30. mood swings.

The time went by in a daze. Addy spent her days reading books or staring at her stopwatch.

Moods were constantly swinging. Yelling matches broke out, leading to a series of days where everyone gave each other the cold shoulder. Tempers were running high.

Soon enough, it was late November. Addy was reading in her bunk when the lights went out. She sighed. Ron had a habit of clicking his Deluminator off and on all the time. She walked out of the room she and Hermione slept in to go yell at him.

"Ron! How many times have I told you-" Addy stopped, noticing the tension in the room rise by the minute, "What's going on?"

Hermione and Harry had been sitting at a table, looking uneasy, while Ron looked angry. He was wearing the locket.

"I think your boyfriend's cheating on you." he growled to Addy who sighed, again.

"Ron, he's not my boyfriend." she replied quietly, avoiding Harry's gaze.

"These two have been getting close. Too close. Remember when we saw them in the forest? I bet something happened!"

"Ron! That was nothing!" Hermione said hysterically, tears brimming in her eyes.

She looked over at Addy as if she was expecting her to yell at her as well. Addy wasn't bothered by Hermione and Harry's closeness. She was able to see things more clearly than Ron; the two didn't have that romantic tension. And Addy wasn't just saying it as Harry's ex.

"Harry doesn't even care about anything. He doesn't even care for my family's safety!" Ron snarled, ignoring Hermione's pleading. Earlier in the week, the four had found out that Ginny, Luna, and Neville had gotten detention from Snape for stealing the sword of Gryffindor from his office. They ended up with a punishment with Hagrid, so Harry expressed how they would be fine with him.

"You don't think I understand what this feels like!" Harry shouted angrily.

"No you don't understand what this feels like. Your parents are dead!" Ron growled.

Harry made a move to run after Ron, but Addy held out a hand to block him.

"Shut up Ron, you're making things worse." she muttered at him. Perhaps it was mentioned Harry's dead parents that didn't sit right with Addy.

"Oh that's right, your parents are dead too! You blame yourself don't you? It seems as if you get everyone around you dead. Take Moody for example-"

Addy didn't even bother drawing her wand. She grabbed the closest thing to her and thrust it at Ron.

The closest thing was a chair.

Ron dodged the object. Addy picked up several books on the table and threw them hard at him. Each book hit its target.

Before she could charge at him and meet her hands with his face, strong arms wrapped around her from behind, preventing her from getting any closer.

"Addy, stop it, please. He's not worth it." Harry breathed in her ear. She struggled against him, trying to escape, but his heavy breathing against her was distracting enough.

"Ron, please take off the locket!" Hermione pleaded, trying to reach for his neck.

"We've been running around here for months! Nothing has even happened!" Ron batted Hermione's hand away. She backed away nervously.

"If you're not satisfied, then leave!" Harry roared, his grip still tight around Addy.

"Fine! I already know you're staying with the lover boy!" Ron sneered at Addy, "Are you coming with me or not!" he barked at Hermione, who had tears glistening on her face now.