34. ron's return.

Another week went by. Addy would leave the room whenever Harry walked in. He tried countless times to apologize, but she was too hurt to even listen. Hermione was the one that kept the communication going between the three.

It was an extremely cold night. Addy was sitting outside with a thick coat and blanket, reading a book. She was leaning against a tree.

"Can-can I join you?" a voice asked behind her.

Addy looked up and saw Harry standing there. In the past days, he seemed more upset. He looked broken and apart. Seeing him like this made her head nod. He shot her a grateful smile and settled beside her.

"I'm really sorry about what I did." he spoke quietly, "I didn't mean to blame the locket. If anything, it tried to prevent me from kissing you. It was my action, not the horcrux."

"It's alright." Addy wasn't sure why she was forgiving him, but deep down he seemed sincere. She could never remain angry with him for long periods of time anyway. The kiss shouldn't matter right now, there were far more important things to worry about.

"No, its not. I shouldn't've said that. I really shouldn't've-"

Addy cut him off by holding a hand up, "Shh! Do you see that?"

She pointed in the distance where something was glowing. The snow reflected off of it, an aura of blue light shining.

"It's a Patronus!" Harry breathed fascinated, "I think it wants us to follow it!"

────── ∼❃∼ ───────

I know that the Patronus specially showed up for Harry when he was alone, but just bear with me for the story.

────── ∼❃∼ ───────

Addy and Harry stood up from their place and slowly stepped forwards. The glow started moving away.

"I think its a doe!" Addy pointed out as they trudged through the snow.

Harry nodded, "I wonder where it's leading us to."

The Patronus disappeared when they approached reached a lake that had been frozen over. The two stepped over the ice and peered through.

"The sword of Gryffindor!" Harry exclaimed looking through the ice. Addy cast a spell to remove a section of ice, leading them directly to the water so they could see it more clearly.

"Accio!" Harry aimed his wand towards the sword. The summoning charm hadn't worked. The two stared at the sword quietly.

"I think we need to go in and get it." Addy said. She moved off the ice and began to peel off her coat.

"No, you stay up here. I-"

"Shut it Harry. We'll both go."

He didn't argue, and began to take off his clothes as well. Addy was eventually left wearing nothing but her bra and underwear while Harry was just wearing his trunks. Addy was thankful that it was dark out so he couldn't see her face, which was flushing bright red.

She couldn't help but steal a few glances at his bare chest. It was nothing she hadn't seen before however.

Harry glanced up back at her but quickly look away, embarrassed, "I'll go first then."

He dived in the water, and Addy followed. She was already shivering but when she jumped in the water, she began to shake uncontrollably. Harry was just about reach the sword underwater when the locket that he had been wearing began to try to choke him. Addy swam near him and tried to take the locket off of his neck, but was flung across the water by its dark forces. She floated up to the ice and began to struggle to breathe. Suddenly, Addy felt strong hands at her feet that began to pull her out of the ice.