20. the fall of albus dumbledore.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Another vision.

Addy had another vision. This one wasn't all light and normal.

She saw Dumbledore plummet off the Astronomy Tower.

She immediately shoved the covers off of her bed and got dressed quickly. All of her roommates were still asleep, so she needed to be quiet.

Addy's mind was at a vulnerable state, ever since her parents died, so it made sense to have a vision. But this wasn't harmless unlike the rest of the dreams.

She saw Dumbledore plummet off the Astronomy Tower.

She remembered last night, she had a nightmare when she had dozed off in her bed a little after dinner. It was about her parents' dead bodies. Harry was with her and calming her down. She had tried not to take the Dreamless Sleep Potion, to see if her nightmares were still gone, but they weren't. It had taken her several hours to try to fall back asleep.

Then she woke with a vision.

She saw Dumbledore plummet off the Astronomy Tower.

Once she was ready, she snuck out of the dorm. It was still in the early hours; the sun had barely rose, a faint golden hue shining through the windows. The hallways were quiet except for the barely inaudible snoring from the portraits, who hadn't gotten up for the day yet.

She finally reached Dumbledore's office, but she realized she didn't have a password, which changes every week according to Harry.

"Can't you just let me in, it's an emergency!" Addy exclaimed to the gargoyle guarding the office.

"No." it said gruffly.

"Please, lives are at stake. Just let me-" she was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Miss. Aldaine."

Professor Snape. Addy turned to see her professor staring at her, his eyes narrow with suspicion.

"May I ask what you are doing here. It is far too early for students to be roaming the castle." he sneered.

"Sir, I need to speak to Professor Dumbledore, it's urgent!" she said quickly, hoping that Snape would put aside his disgrace to help her.

"Professor Dumbledore is not here. He's a far too busy person to deal with your problems." Snape's eyes were still narrow.

"What? Where is he?"

"Nothing that concerns you." Snape answered swiftly, "Now, may I ask what assistance you require from him?"

Addy paused for a moment. Dumbledore had told her last year that she could speak about her visions to any professor at Hogwarts. She was reluctant to talk to Snape about it though, she didn't trust him entirely.

"Perhaps it has something to do about your visions?" Snape said as if he were reading her mind. Addy's silence confirmed his theory.

"Well, I see no reason for you to hide it. Spit it out then." he demanded.

Addy was hesitant, "Sir, I think I need to speak to Dumbledore about this-"

"Ah, Severus and Miss. Aldaine. A lovely morning isn't it?" another familiar voice beckoned, interrupting her. Professor Dumbledore was striding towards the two.

"Professor, I need to speak to you about my visions!" Addy said urgently, "It's really important that you know!"

Dumbledore didn't seem to be very worried by her tone, "Alright, follow me. Did you need something Severus?"