13. tutoring with malfoy, again.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy was in the library the next day. Tutoring with Draco Malfoy.

Their earlier lessons before followed the same structure as the first. Addy could tell Draco was growing more comfortable around her. He acted different then he normally would last year. He never boasted and never wore a smile. He was still his rude and snarky self; nothing could change that.

"Hello Aldaine." he grumbled as he joined Addy at her table.

"Someone's in a bad mood." she chuckled.

"Let's get started. I haven't all day."

"You're an impatient lad." Addy rolled her eyes, but pulled out her potions book.

"Looks like you and Potter had a wild night." he motioned to her neck.

Addy unfortunately knew what he was talking about and immediately covered herself up. She and Harry hadn't done anything significant, since Romilda had walked in, causing the mood to change. He wasn't done with her however when they retreated into his dorm. Hermione and Ron's smirks the following morning had led her to discover the marks on her neck.

"Shut it." she muttered, gaining vivid flashbacks from the night before, causing her to flush.

"Can I choose what we get to do today?" Draco raised his brows at her.

Addy watched him curiously, but handed him the book. Draco had shown no interest in these lessons previously. He didn't care what the two discussed, as long as it didn't take up too much time.

"Do you remember in Divination last year, we read our tea leaves to find out our soulmate's initial?" Draco asked as he flipped through the pages. Addy wasn't sure where this conversation led to, but nodded.

"I got a P." she answered.

"P as in Potter then." Draco grumbled.

"Didn't you get a G?" She remembered Draco boasting about it to his friends.

"It's just a bunch of rubbish." he sneered. Finally, he stopped turning the page.

"This one." he pointed to a page.

It was Amortentia.

"Draco, I don't think we're allowed to brew love potions-" Addy began but he cut her off.

"I'm sure Slughorn can vouch for us if we get in trouble. Now be a good girl and fetch the ingredients."

"I'm not your dog Malfoy, do it yourself." Addy muttered.

"Feisty, aren't we?" Draco remarked as he got up to go get the ingredients. Addy picked up the potions textbook. She had a terrible feeling about this.

"Don't you remember how you poisoned me once?" Addy asked Draco when he rejoined her, "I still don't understand why you did it."

"It was just for a laugh. Besides, don't worry, I have no intention of using it." he began to make the potion. Addy sat and watched him.

She had a bad feeling about this. Love potions were incredibly tricky to make, terrible if they were brewed wrong. Draco however mixed and poured the ingredients expertly. After all, he had made it successfully last year.

"Did the potion really work anyway?" Draco questioned as he mixed the contents of the cauldron.

"Yes, it did. According to my friends, I called you- er- hot."

Draco snickered, "Even your conscious knows the truth."

"As if." Addy rolled her eyes. The flirting came naturally to her, which was odd considering how awkward she was around Harry before they dated.

"Done." Draco smiled proudly at his creation. A familiar smell wafted into the room.

"What do you smell?" Draco asked curiously.

"Why would you want to know?" Addy muttered. She was glancing down at the Potions book to ensure that Draco had inserted followed the right instructions, just to be safe.

"I smell lime, old books, and blankets." Draco spoke. Addy hadn't expected him to share his thoughts out loud.

"Who does it remind you of?"

He was quiet, "With my soulmate initial, I can think of one person, but- no. It can't be. Anyway, don't avoid my question. What do you smell?"

Addy sighed, "Butterbeer, the wood of a Quidditch broom, and-" she hesitated.

"And what?" Draco rolled his eyes, "Just spit it out. This is a no judgement zone."

Addy raised a brow.

"Ok, now its a no judgement zone." Draco hastily revised his words.

"I also smelled Harry's sweater." she mumbled. She expected Draco to taunt and tease her, but he didn't.

"You and Potter don't make that great of a couple." Draco sneered.

Addy pretended to be flipping through the Potions book, looking for something. She then looked up back at Draco, "Oh I'm sorry, I was just trying to find where I gave a fuck."

Draco muttered something under his breath, annoyed.

"I think we can end here for today." she spoke again, triumphant.

"See you then." Draco gathered his things and left without cleaning up the potion.

Addy irritatingly cleaned up after him and left the library. She joined Harry in the common room.

"How was the session?" he asked.

"Strange. Draco had us brew Amortentia."

Harry looked up at her shocked, "Surely you didn't-"

"We did. But don't worry. He just made the potion, told me what he smelled and left without cleaning up. I don't think he has any intention of using it."

"Has he said anything useful to you yet? Anything related to Voldemort?"

Addy shook her head, "No, but he's different. Not that overly confident Slytherin anymore. Something is definitely on his mind. I dunno if I'm any closer to finding out though."

"Lets hope we find that solution soon." Harry draped an arm around her.

"Yeah, soon." Addy's gaze became lost in the fire.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·