21. @rxmione contest one shot.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

This one shot I entered into rxmione's writing contest! This takes place (once again) in the post war era!

he built a fire just to keep me warm

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Diagon Alley is one of many locations Addy finds her solace in, especially around the holidays. Tinsel and mistletoe lace the doorframes to her favorite shops while Christmas lights string from the edges of frosty rooftops.

Heaps of fresh snow accompany the environment of festivity, coating all surfaces on the outside. People bundle up in thick scarves and jackets and often recast their fading heating charms to prevent them from freezing over during their holiday shopping. The area is quite crowded, but for once, she doesn't mind.

Addy shivers as she and Harry Potter make their way down the path in the center of Diagon Alley. Her hand is held in his as their arms swing idly between them, savoring each other's radiating warmth. She presses her shoulder against his to remain close, unable to keep the paradisal grin from her lips.

"...Our presents for Hermione and nearly all the Weasley's," Harry murmurs whilst peeking into the bags containing their purchases, wanting to ensure they didn't forget anyone, "Of course for Mary, Professor McGonagall, Neville, Luna..."

"We got the majority of everyone, don't stress." Addy chuckles at his concentration, angling her chin to greet the pastel sky, "Relax a bit."

He raises an amused brow, "Relax? Adelaide Callista Stone is telling me to relax?"

She rolls her eyes at him, "The full name? You might as well holler out my social security number."

The couple resumes to amble down the cobbled pathway with their impish bickers. The horizon was reddening in color as they walk - an indication of twilight being brought forth. The air grows considerably chillier, Harry and Addy move even closer.

"You know how much I love the winter, but also how much I hate being in the winter." Harry mumbles grumpily, shielding his face from the hostile winds, "When we get back home, I'm not gonna budge from the fireplace."

"You'll get to do that soon enough, love." Addy reassures him, "We just need to buy a present for Ginny then we can go."

"I vote that we get her a keg stand." Harry grins evilly with his idea, "Wait, no- a booze cake. Yeah... she'll love that."

"I would actually agree, only if I hadn't already decided what to give her."

Addy resumes to lead Harry down the stores for a few minutes, amusing herself by his curious yet concerned expression. She can tell he's just about ready to call it a day and Apparate directly to their home, so she's sure to be brisk about her trip.

They finally arrive at their destination, where Harry's complexion reddened to a shade of deep scarlet. He gives Addy an expression full of astonishment, feeling extremely flustered.

Addy had taken them to a lingerie shop.

"I'll- er, wait outside while you shop." Harry scratches the back of his neck.

"You said you were cold," she tugs on his hand, pulling him inside, "Come inside, it's fine. No one will mind."

Harry keeps his head low in embarrassment as they enter the store and walk past a display of eye-popping bralettes. What is he supposed to do in a situation like this? Stare back at them?

Addy directs them over towards a section of more subtle colors of the underwear, dropping his hand as she inspects them. She picks up a cherry red bra and holds it up, furrowing her brows with thought.

"I think Ginny and I are the same size." she ponders aloud before turning to Harry, "What do you think of this? Does it look good?"

She holds it up to herself with no shame apparently, her eyes examining him in query.

"Yes it looks good." Harry hisses, moving close to yank the fabric from her hands and keep it out of site. He glances around as he feels his cheeks heating, "How are you not- you know...?"

"Embarrassed?" Addy chuckles as she recollects the lingerie from him, "If you take a look around, you'd see I'm not the only one here wanting to buy some bras."

Harry reluctantly does what she says, making the discovery of many people too casually shopping and chatting over the underwear. He feels immature for being flustered, but one glance at the other men lingering behind their betrothed allowed for him to come to the conclusion that he wasn't the lone soul reacting that way.

Addy sighs as she follows his gaze, "Since you're clearly abashed, can you wait for me by the entrance? I'll take no more than ten minutes."

Grateful, Harry leans over to kiss her on the cheek, "Thanks, Adds."

They bid each other a quick goodbye before he makes his way towards the entrance, full of relief to not have to linger amongst an aisle of bras. Despite still being in the store, it beat having to give Addy his input on the garments.

Harry stands by the front door, shivering slightly from the cold air that rushes in whenever the door opens. He crosses his arms to preserve his warmth, occupying himself by his daydream of cuddling by the fireplace all snug and cozy with Addy later that night.

He's brought back to reality quickly when a petite, smiling woman approaches him. He notices quickly she's a worker at the store due to her uniform and name tag.

"Hello!" she greets brightly, "Can I help you with anything? Perhaps assist you in choosing lingerie for a girlfriend or your mother...?"

"My mother's dead."

The woman's pink lips form an O shape as Harry chuckles to himself. He was firstly appalled at why she would suggest that he would voluntarily buy lingerie for his mother, who didn't exist anyways.

"I- er, have a good day!" she squeaks frantically before backing away quickly, disappearing behind a series of shelves.

It's just in that moment where Addy approaches Harry, passing by the scrambling sales worker with a raised brow. In her hand was a bright pink bag, indicating she was successful in finding Ginny the perfect gift.

"What did you say to her?" Addy queries Harry as he takes her bag, leading her out of the store, "Poor girl..."

"Ah, nothing really." he grins, glancing back at the store over his shoulder, "C'mon, let's go. We have a date with the fireplace tonight."

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·