3. new fame.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Before she knew it, Addy was back on the Hogwarts Express.

She and Harry met up with Neville and Luna in a empty compartment. Ron and Hermione were in the prefects carriage while Ginny was with Dean. Luna had sadly smiled when she heard this news.

People kept staring and whispering whenever they saw Harry, and were surprisingly doing the same thing with Addy

"Is it true you can see the future?" a fourth year asked her.

"Yes, she can." Harry grumbled, annoyed, and shut the compartment door in their face.

Neville and Luna began a conversation with the two about the DA meetings. They weren't hosting them this year now that Umbridge was gone.

The compartment door slid open and Romilda Vane, one of Addy's dormmates spoke, "Hi Harry. Do you want to join us in our compartment? You don't have to sit with them."

She gave Neville and Luna dirty glances. This wasn't something Romilda typically did. She had changed over the summer, but not in a good way.

"They're my friends." Harry said coldly. He wrapped his arm around Addy. Romilda reluctantly left, but not before shooting daggers towards Addy.

"That's strange." Addy muttered once she was gone.

"I think they expect you to be sitting with someone cooler." Neville said sadly looking over at Luna.

"You are cool Neville. You've got twice their guts. You too Luna." Addy reassured them. It was true. She would rather be friends with Neville and Luna instead of a bunch of people who are only friends with her for her fame.

Ron and Hermione joined them as well.

"Malfoy gave up his Prefect role!" Hermione exclaimed as they sat down.

"What, really?" Harry asked interestedly.

Ron nodded, "I still wonder what they were doing at Borgin and Burkes though."

"Don't you see," Harry seemed very invested in this conversation, "It was an initiation, a ceremony."

When Ron looked confused, Hermione answered, "Harry's under the impression that Draco is a Death Eater."

"His father's in Azkaban now. It makes sense. This could be a punishment from Voldemort!"

"It does make sense if you think about it like that." Addy said thoughtfully, "But we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves."

Before Hermione could respond, the compartment door slid open.

"I- I was told to give this to Neville Longbottom, Harry Potter, and A-Adelaide Aldaine?" a trembling second year stuttered, handing them three envelopes.

"Thank you." Addy said as the student left. She opened it and read the letter.

Adelaide,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely,

Professor H. E. F. Slughorn

Neville and Harry had gotten similar letters as well.

"We'll see you later then." Harry said to Ron, Luna, and Hermione as they left the compartment.

"Whose Professor Slughorn?" Neville asked as they walked.

"A new professor," Harry answered, "I met him over the summer."

When they got there, there was several other students that Slughorn introduced them to.