40. betrayal.

Addy awoke the next morning, feeling the most well rested she felt for over a year.

Harry was still asleep as she turning to glance over at him. He looked peaceful and still. She reached out a hand to brush the stray hairs covering his face. He looked older and burdened.

He opened his eyes at her touch and grinned, "I see you still have a habit of staring at me while I sleep, then?"

Addy flushed, "I was not looking at you. Don't flatter yourself."

He grinned even wider, "Then, keep telling yourself that."

The two chuckled. It felt nice to joke around like the old times again. Though there was a hint of strain behind their laughter, it was the closest they could get. She was surprised how easily the words glided through her mouth.

The bedroom door slowly opened. Luna walked in, "Addy, Fleur says that breakfast is almost ready. She wants you to eat, since it looks like you nearly starved."

Addy nodded and forced herself to move out of Harry's arms, "Thanks Luna."

She sat up and shakily stood from the bed. She was weak on her feet. Harry shot up from the bed to stable her, but Luna beat him to it.

She smiled gratefully at them, "Thanks."

Luna walked her to the bathroom where they departed. Addy got a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

She had lost some weight. Her hair had became darker and her skin was paler, presumably from not seeing the sun. She looked as if she hadn't slept much, there were dark circles under her eyes.

She looked different, but the same person was still there at her stance and expression. She would come back completely with time.

Addy shakily used the toilet and turned on the shower, wanting to feel clean. The dungeons didn't provide warm water, so she stayed in the steaming bathroom for ages.

The feel of the hot water was blissful against her skin. She could feel her skin began to glow healthily again. Steam covered the area, making it difficult to see, but she didn't care.

Finally, she emerged. There was a change of clothes on the counters, indicating that someone had came in and provided them. Probably Hermione, since Addy recognized the clothes to be her own.

She dressed and performed a drying spell on her hair, using the spare wand Ron had given her the night before. She was still shaky on her feet and could barely walk. She wondered how she was able to last in the shower.

"Breakfast is downstairs." Ron said to Addy as she left the bathroom.

"Thanks." she smiled at him and shakily made her way to the stairs, gripping onto the wall.

Her eyes widened at the steps. She already knew she didn't have it in her to walk down there. She could barely walk on level ground.

"Let me." a voice said behind her.

Harry had been ready to walk down the stairs as well. He gently bent down and picked her up, bridesmaid style. Addy remembered how Harry would pick her up like this, only to throw her onto her bed and start an intense snog session that would usually be interrupted since he would be too distracted by her to lock the door.

Their faces met. It was clear he was thinking about the same thing as she was. He flushed slightly as they walked.

"Thank you." Addy said softly as they reached the bottom of the stairs. Harry gave her a nod and set her down in a chair at the kitchen table.

"Addy, How are you?" Bill asked her as Fleur began to serve breakfast.

"I've had worse." she answered truthfully. It was true, she felt the most rested she had ever felt in a long time. Sleeping in Harry's arms had resulted with no nightmares.