Chapter 30

Elation From Sudden Royalty (University Royalties #2) - Chapter 29

HIS POV

"Papakasalan kita, Chandra." 

I've been giving signals to Chandra, but she never seem to get it. I chose to be straight forward this time.

I gritted my teeth and bit my lip, I was freely doing so because we're only in a phone call. As much as I want to come to her, the royal family wouldn't allow me to leave the palace, I felt like I was in my own jail. 

"Ah, Austin..." Kinabahan ako sa sasabihin niya, para kasing nag-iisip siya. "Hindi tayo p'wede. Tsaka, bakit naman tayo ikakasal, bestfriends tayo 'di ba?" she laughed in the other line.

Kahit pala straight forward na, magagawa pa ring umiwas ng babaeng ito. Na-sobrahan sa pagka-manhid.

May sasabihin pa sana ako pero may kumatok sa pintuan ng kwarto ko. Bumukas ang pinto at dumungaw si Manang Melinda. "Your Highness, the King and Queen has something important to tell you. Please come with me."

Pinatay ko ang tawag na may halong inis. I knew what news was coming for me, yet I have no choice but to obey.

"We called for you because we think it's time for you to be ready for marriage."

I crossed my eyebrows when the king told me that, when I looked at lola, she seemed to be in favor of it as well. Wala na ba talaga akong takas?

"I think I'm not in the right age yet," palusot ko. "I have not even graduated college, there's still a lot in store for me, and I'd like to live my life that way."

I didn't know why they were insisting me to get married, si Ares dapat ang ikakasal. Bakit ako?

"Your future was already planned the day you were born to this family. You can't escape from that, Trevor," seryosong saad ng hari. "Besides, you said you didn't want your older brother hurting the succeeding Queen, that's why we chose you. You're the most decent one among the three, I know you will never disappoint us. Am I right?"

There was silence in the 4-walled room. I knew that this decision would affect my entire life, this is marriage for Christ's sake, but they're talking about it rashly as if they're just selling me in the wet market in exchange for power.

It sucks being an Arellano.

"Kumusta ka naman diyan, bro?" Isaac asked. I decided to call him because I was frustrated, I thought that maybe he could help me or give me advice, at least.

"Fuck, ikakasal ka?" he sounded shocked.

"Yeah, unfortunately," I answered.

"Paano na iyan? Paano na kayo ni Andrea?" he asked. My eye brows furrowed because of it.