Newly Loved

Dream checked the time on his watch, seeing that it was nearly time for his next appointment. A newly wedded couple needed to get their new rings resized.

Traditionally when a kid turns 16, they go to a jeweler and get a unique ring made for themselves. Then when they get married, they swap rings with their soulmate. Of course though, some adjustments would usually need to be done.

It had recently became illegal to remarry after divorce. So giving away your ring to the wrong person was a common fear. You weren't going to get to give it away again. That's what kept Dream bound to his current husband, George. He could get his ring back, but he couldn't get to give it away again. Loneliness wasn't worth it, so he stayed.

-

The bell rang as the door swung open. Two extremely excited men walked in.

"Hello, how are you guys?" Dream greeted them with familiar kindness. He knew them personally.

"Amazing!" Bad responded, practically buzzing with joy.

His newly loved husband Skeppy was bouncing on his feet as well.

Dream laughed and led them into the back room. "Come on then, let's get you all sorted."

The two gladly followed and took a seat at the table.

Dream sat across from them and got out a measuring tape. "Alright Bad, give me your hand first."

Bad gave his shaky hand. He still couldn't believe he gave his ring to Skeppy just a couple days ago. It seemed like just yesterday he was a nervous kid trying to decide on something.

Dream measured his finger and then smiled. "Sorry I wasn't at the wedding, but how was it?"

"Oh it was magical! I honestly didn't understand the appeal of weddings until yesterday." Skeppy spoke up as he offered his hand to Dream next.

"It was perfect." Bad agreed lovingly.

Dream nodded and got the size of Skeppy's finger. "I'm glad you are happy. You can't divorce him now." He joked simply.

Bad shuddered at the thought of divorcing Skeppy. "That's okay, I want to keep him forever."

Skeppy leaned in and nuzzled Bad's cheek. "We aren't scared of the one wedding law, we know we are going to last."

"Fair enough, I believe you." Dream held his hand open. "Rings please."

Both Bad and Skeppy handed over their rings. Excited to see the other man wearing it.

Bad's ring: