Time To Go

Dream and George went to the emergency room like Dream suggested. They were waiting for literally hours. Since George wasn't in any extreme pain, and he wasn't about to die for sure.

"This is going to take forever..." Dream complained, but they didn't plan on leaving. They might as well continue the wait so George can get his stitches out.

"Yeah...I'm nervous..." George expressed his childish fear. He was almost murdered multiple times, yet he was still nervous to see a doctor.

"Oh don't be scared. It's not going to hurt." Dream assured him.

"But it might, because my skin is starting to grow over them." George was afraid that getting the stitches out would cause him a lot of pain, but in reality it wasn't going to hurt that badly. He would be numbed and all he would feel is slight pressure and discomfort.

"You won't feel a thing, I promise." Dream smiled like an idiot. For some reason he thought George was being extremely cute.

"But...it might still hurt, you don't know." George whined.

Dream put a hand on George's shoulder. "You won't feel it, trust me. You're just overreacting because you're stressed."

-

Dream ended up being right. George went in and had his stitches removed, with no pain. Just an uncomfortable amount of pressure. He was so relieved to finally have them out.

They walked out to the car and Dream opened the door for George. George got in with a slight smile on his face. "Thanks..."

Dream got in and started driving home with the radio on, to stop things from being awkward.

"So..." George turned down the radio so he could be heard clearly. "Do you actually want to divorce?"

"...Uh, let's not do this now..." Dream turned the radio back up to block out the tension.

George huffed and turned the radio off completely. "Should we just ignore it for a few more months? See how long we can last before we break?"

Dream sighed and started to drive faster, desperate to get home where he could potentially escape the conversation.

"You said you wanted to divorce...don't ignore me, you said it." George rubbed his forehead. He had a headache, but that was nothing important.

"I think we should separate...yeah..." Dream nodded his head, finally owning what he had said earlier.

"Getting a divorce takes a lot of work...we should probably wait until it's mandatory for LGBT+ marriages." George was eager to hold onto Dream for as long as he possibly could.

"I know...but you should probably still move out." Dream hesitated, feeling like a proper dickhead for suggesting he needed to get out. After all, there wasn't many options for places to go. Sapnap wasn't an option, neither was Bad.

"And go where? I can't afford to rent even a small apartment!" George was obviously upset. Splitting with his husband was painful, but being kicked out was something else.

"A hotel maybe? I think it's best we get away from each other. I'll help you pay for a place to stay." Dream refused to be totally heartless and careless. He couldn't throw George out onto the streets. "Or maybe Ranboo and Tubbo will help."