Watch It Burn, Love

George was thankfully able to get a taxi to take him to the hospital. He needed to add getting a driver's license to his to-do list.

He met Dream in the waiting room, he looked a mess. George could see Dream shaking from a distance, as he approached him.

"Hey, I'm here...you alright?" George sat down, his heart exploding from the sight. The sight of seeing his husband emotionally fried.

Dream inhaled deeply, letting his breath out in a desperate attempt to stay calm. "Is this it? Is the world ending?"

"What? No, of course not!" George shook his head and rubbed Dream's shoulder. "How is she?"

"She's going to recover...but she's in so much pain." Dream let George know that Drista wasn't going to die or anything extreme like that. At least not yet, she was still full of light. "The world is over...what's the point?" Dream put up his hood and hid his face in the fabric.

"I understand what you mean...it does feel like that, doesn't it?" George fought off his urge to cry. "She'll be okay, you don't have to worry."

"It's not just her...our friends... they're dead..." Dream would never be able to shake off that fact. "They just died...no warning...no mercy. Just...death." Dream broke down and started sobbing violently, punching the wall behind him. Hard enough that he actually hurt his fist. Thankfully the walls were designed to take a beating.

"Dream!" George grabbed his arms so he couldn't damage anything. That's the last thing they needed. "I... I know, I'm sad too." He reassured Dream that he was not alone.

"Maybe it's time I give up..." Dream judged George for his destructive thoughts, but here he was now having them. "Everything is fucked."

George knew it might not be the best option, but he leaned in and hugged Dream comfortingly. He rested his chin on Dream's shoulder, hearing his heart beat rapidly from there. "I love you so much...I don't want you to give up, okay?" George teared up and began crying with Dream empathically. "Keep living, even if that implies without me." As much as he wanted his husband to love him, he wanted his best friend to stay alive.

Dream wrapped his arms around George, officially accepting the embrace. "I've been a bitch to you...our marriage used to be so beautiful. Now it's illegal, and we're toxic."

George rubbed Dream's back, while also trying to soothe himself by nuzzling Dream. "It's not illegal...as of now."

"We hurt each other, I hurt you so much." Dream continued crying like no one was around.

"I don't care. I deserve it, because I'm not the best husband either...can I move back in?" George sniffled and cleared his throat quietly. "If the world is gonna burn, we might as well watch it all go down together. There won't be time to start over..."

Dream's breath hitched and he whimpered before burying his face in George's chest. He was fully losing his grip on mental stability. "Watch the world burn with me..."

"I will..." George boldly lifted Dream's chin and kissed his forehead. "Come on, let's go see your sister. You're making my anxiety act up, love."

-

Dream sat in the seat closest to his sister. George sat down in a chair slightly further away.

"You still in pain?" Dream asked her softly.

Drista nodded slowly. "Hurts so bad..." Drista rubbed her face and cleared her throat. "When can I go home?"