Let's Hope

*One Week Later*

Dream wiped down the front counter and sighed softly. Business had been really slow. The town had been in a state of distress for a few days now. Once it was reported on the news that the XD cult was anti-LGBT+, many people were shaken up.

There was two sides of the panic. The people trying to stay safe, and the people on board with the new proposed law. Not only were they suggesting LGBT+ people have their rights taken away. They suggested it should be illegal. Causing innocent people to do jail time. That included all sexual orientations. That included any transgender individuals. Questioning alone could result in serious harassment.

The door opened and Dream looked up right away. "Oh hey, Haven't seen you in awhile."

Wilbur looked up and barely waved.

"So...need any help?" Wilbur didn't come by to the shop very often. The last time he saw him, he was getting a Christmas gift for Technoblade.

"No, I'll be alright. Thank you." Wilbur started looking at the watches. "Are these waterproof?"

Dream had a look at the watches. "No, I don't think they are. Why would you swim with a watch on anyway?"

"It's not for me, it's for a girl." Wilbur corrected him, and moved on to admire the earrings. "Would these tarnish in salt water?"

Dream shrugged. "I don't know? Maybe after a long period of time. Does this girl swim in the ocean a lot?"

Wilbur nodded "yes, definitely. She swims all the time. All the time, I'm telling you." He picked out a pair of earrings that he thought looked absolutely gorgeous. "These will do, they are perfect."

Dream checked him in. "So uh...I hear your parents are expecting a baby. You excited?"

Wilbur let his eyes roll at the mention of his new sibling. "It's true but I'm not excited. I don't need a sibling, I won't have any time to be a big brother."

"Guess you're a busy man..." Dream told him his total. 

Wilbur paid him in a clump of cash. "Of course I am, I'm in love."

"Oh yeah? That's great..." Dream wondered if there was actually a girl, or if Wilbur was hallucinating. He wasn't the most stable civilian.

"Being in love is amazing, is this how you and George feel?" Wilbur took the neatly boxed earrings.

"Yeah, I guess. New love and old love are different, but we still love each other." Him and George have been managing to keep a healthy relationship so far this week. They were both putting in the effort.

"Yes, very wise you are...so what will you and him be doing now? I hear lots of people are leaving to avoid the XD cult." Wilbur rocked back and fourth on his feet.

"Yeah, I was talking to Bad last night. He and Skeppy are trying to get the money to leave. Me and George don't have any plans." Dream acknowledged that he was in danger, but he didn't want to flee the country if nothing serious was going to happen. He planned on waiting until something significant did happen. Like a murder, or violent protest. That was just his opinion, he understood why others wanted to be as safe as possible.