All Or None

The next morning Dream woke up because his husband was violently shaking him up. "What, what's wrong?!" Dream like most people, didn't like being shook.

"You didn't hear anything? Your phone kept going off so I had to answer it. You need to get up." George couldn't just he telling him to get up for work. He seemed too uneasy to be talking about something causal.

"Who called, is something wrong?" Dream rubbed his eyes, desperately trying to wake up fully.

"Bad called, The cult is in action again. LGBT+ people are advised to stay inside by the police." George's heart was pounding. The other times the cult acted out, it never directly affected them. It might of been selfish, but he was worried now.

"Shit, how extreme is it?" Dream stretched and put an arm around George.

George immediately put his face in Dream's chest. "They're targeting any people that they know for sure are LGBT+. It's really bad..." His voice trembled slightly. "They shot the baker today when she was opening her bakery for the day. So far that's the only attack. There's going to be more..."

Dream widened his eyes and used two arms now to embrace his husband. "Fuck, this is going to get out of control...I should of had a plan..."

George whined softly while trying to hide in his husband's body. "What if they come here?"

Dream was known by the town, being the closest jeweler for a lot of people. Most people knew him as the gay jeweler. "As long as we stay inside and I don't go to work, we should be okay. No one but our friends know our house."

George took a deep breath and sighed. Being in Dream's arms was comforting. "How long will this go on?  Until we become illegal?"

Dream put one of his hands through George's hair. "I don't know baby, I hope they don't get their way this time. I don't want us to go our separate ways."

George's heart fluttered and his stomach filled with youthful butterflies. "I love hearing you say things like that...I don't want our love to ever end."

Dream smiled at how cute George was being. He leaned down and gave him a little kiss. "I've been neglecting you, you deserve much more love than I have been giving."

His phone went off again and this time he answered. "Hello? Why are you screaming?!" Dream was met by unhinged shouting.

George stared at him, wondering who it was, and what was happening. Immediately his chest went numb with fright and he had to pant to keep up with his breathing. He didn't have obvious panic attacks often, but today was an exception. How could he keep it inside when his life was on the line? As well as the life of his husband.

Dream dropped the phone and stood up. He ran out of the room and made sure the door was locked. Then he pulled the curtains closed and insured that the windows were shut.

George got up and followed. "What's wrong, what's going on?!"

Dream went back over to George and hugged him. They could feel each other's racing hearts. "I don't want to scare you, but I need you to stay here, okay? I love you, so much. I'm going to be safe, I have to go."

George shook his head and held Dream stationary by his arms. "Absolutely not! What happened?!"

Dream pulled away and went to get his keys. "I can't explain, I have to go. A life is on the line, get out of my way!" Dream shouted as George kept trying to block him from finding his car keys.