Not Worth Death

TW// Toxic/abusive behavior

George woke up sometime in the evening. He didn't sleep until the morning. The night was spent crying and mourning. Mourning his friends, and himself. In his mind, he was convincing himself he would be next.

Dream wasn't home, and George didn't expect him to be. Especially not after their little argument. He expected Dream to stay away until he apologized. Dream liked to feel like he was right a lot of the time.

George got his phone and dialed Dream. He waited for an answer, he got nothing. He tried again, still not getting anything. Sighing, he tried Drista. He was thankful he had her number, because she actually picked up.

"Um, hello?" Drista didn't even recognize his number. He was in her contacts as 'loser'.

"Thank god, where's Dream? He won't answer my calls." George asked her about her brother's location.

"Oh, he's in his room. Hasn't come out since I've been awake. I don't think he's actually left his room at all today." Drista informed him.

"Do you know if something happened? We argued a bit last night, but this is still unlike him. Ignoring me when we're in a crisis." George knew something had to be going on.

"I'm sure he'll tell you when he comes home." Drista assumed it was best to not tell him, but he wasn't accepting it.

"If you know what's wrong, you have to tell me. Come on, I'm an adult." George tried to use his authority over her. He wanted to find out why Dream hadn't bothered to come home yet.

"...Before we went to bed, Skeppy called him. Asked him if he was safe, and told him how dangerous Snow Chester was." Drista's breathing proved that she was scared and uneasy. "Bad died... according to Skeppy he passed in the hospital pretty quick. Soon as Skeppy told him it was okay if he had to go, he went. Skeppy is having a hard time I bet..."

George's breathing started to match hers. As he tried to get rid of the suffocating feeling. "Oh my-" He whimpered, not wanting to acknowledge another friend was dead. "Please tell Dream to come home, okay? Tell him it's an emergency, and I need him."

"Uh okay...are you alright?" Drista was concerned, as most empathetic humans would be.

"Mhm...just send Dream home."

"I will, I will tell him to get his ass back to you. Just hold on for a few minutes." Drista hung up and went to get her brother out of bed.

-

George smoked the few cigarettes he had left, then went to the store to get more. He came back, and Dream still hadn't returned. Instead of eating or drinking, he smoked the full new carton of cigarettes. George didn't do anything to replenish his needs. Even though he desperately needed to take care of himself right now. At the very least he needed more sleep, but he couldn't sleep anymore.

George got out his phone, after hours of doing nothing but smoking like a chimney. He called Dream, surprised when he picked up. Dream didn't even get a chance to speak. "Where are you?! I'm going insane here!"

"Calm down, I'm coming home now.  I was just about to leave." Dream assured.

"You should of been home earlier. I've been alone all this time!" George wasn't very happy. If Dream didn't go see his family, his family still had each other. George only had Dream, and he felt like Dream should of stayed with him. Instead of leaving him.