Home Is Where The Rights Is

It only took a few minutes of mindless wandering for Drista to realize something was seriously wrong.

"George, the medicine is literally right here." She marched over and grabbed a bottle of tylonal off the shelf. She already had the suspension that she was being distracted. "Tell me what's going on, RIGHT NOW! You guys are freaking me out!"

George took the bottle of tylonal from her. He searched for something to say, he had to say something to her. "Well..."

"I'm serious, tell me the truth. Did something happen? We heard that scream, Dream went to check, and now you're both acting strange. I can't play pretend anymore, what happened?" She let him know she wasn't oblivious, she was just hesitant to know the truth.

"Yeah...Dream is gone to check on the house again. He thinks they might have injured each other, so he's just..." George could tell she wasn't buying anything he said. "He thinks Sapnap and Karl are in danger...he saw the guy they were apparently with, and he was covered in blood...could be a cultist." He dropped his lies, because he was too mentally exhausted to keep up a fake story.

Drista was horrified once she found this out. Considering they could of easily been hurt too. "WHAT?"

"He called the police, and he went to meet them. He didn't want to scare you." George confessed.

"Well now I'm even more scared that you kept that from me!" Drista stared at George in disbelief. "What are we supposed to do, just wait here until we get murdered?!" Drista didn't feel safe in this gas station, remembering vividly what happened in the one she was at earlier.

"We're going to be okay..." George assured her, even though he didn't believe himself.

-

They waited at the gas station for hours, before they finally saw Dream pull up to get them.

Drista ran ahead of George, and George trailed behind. He was really starting to panic, and all he wanted was to be snuggled up with his husband.

Drista got in the front seat, leaving George to console himself in the back. "What's going on, are they okay?!"

Dream didn't care that she knew, he was too upset. "I'm so sorry..." He apologized like it was his fault that she was being traumatized.

"Babe, are you sure they are...gone?" George sat in the middle so he could still see Dream.

Dream put his face in his hands and sighed. "They were pronounced dead at the scene." His voice broke and he started crying. Drista followed him, not being able to resist the tears.

George cried as well, and had a hard time breathing from how much he was panicking. They could of been involved too. It just so happened the twisted killer wanted to kill his lovers in private.

The crying lasted for over an hour. They cried until eventually Drista cried herself to sleep on the front seat. Once she was asleep, Dream quited himself so she could have a moment of peace.

George sniffled and cleared his throat, trying to gain his voice back. "Dream...what...what are we supposed to do now?" This was starting to feel apocalyptic. They didn't know when the next bad thing would happen. There wasn't a safe place here.

Dream reached back and held his husband's hand. "I don't know baby...we...we just got to get out of here."

George swallowed his tears and squeezed Dream's hand. "Let's get out of here, let's never come back."