Honestly I Love You

The next day Technoblade was still in charge of the shop. He wasn't too upset about it. Being surrounded by fine rings all day was enjoyable.

He waited for the next client to come pick up their ring. Technoblade was happy that he got to work on this particular day.

The door swung open and Tommy marched to the counter. "Ay! Dream is out today?" He was happy to see Technoblade in Dream's place.

"Yup, been out two days now. Are you here for your ring?" Technoblade grinned.

Tommy awkwardly blushed. "Yes?"

"Okay, I'll be back in a moment." Technoblade went into the back and returned with a small velvet box. He slid it across the counter towards Tommy. "Take care of it."

Tommy's eyes lit up as he took the box and looked inside. "It's exactly what I wanted! Awe!" He freaked out over the beautiful ring in the box.

"It's a nice one, did you make it especially for the ladies?" Technoblade chuckled.

"Obviously! It has to be perfect if I want to give it to a woman one day." Tommy put a lot of thought into his ring.

"What made you go for a fox design?" Techno asked causally.

"Well, ladies love animals

"Well, ladies love animals. Plus, I know a guy that has a fox design too. He told me it gets him all the bitches." Tommy had really tried to get a ring that would optimize his chances with girls.

Technoblade didn't expect anything less. "Don't go giving your ring to the wrong person. A girl should like you for you, not your ring."

Tommy took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto his finger. "I'll be well careful with it, thanks."

"I'm serious, that ring is a direct connection to your heart. You wouldn't give your heart to just anyone would you?" Technoblade would hate to see Tommy be miserable in a relationship. Like Dream, who was out having marriage troubles.

"No, I suppose not...you're just never giving your heart away then?" Tommy looked down at Technoblade's hand. Since he was 16, Techno had never even let another person hold his ring.

That was a common dating practice. Letting someone hold your ring, or even letting someone keep it for a day. Though you weren't supposed to let someone you weren't married to wear your ring. Until marriage, a ring could only rightfully be worn by its original owner. Letting a casual lover wear your ring was considered a sin. It was in the same boat as having sex with a stranger.

"It's mine, I'm not required to give it to anyone." Techno spoke defensively. He didn't want anyone to ever possess his ring.

"Alright, have fun dieing alone big man." Tommy teased before leaving with his ring. He paid in advance when he requested the piece of jewelry.