Lover's Concussion

Dream kneeled down and tried to pick George up from the ground. "Fuck, what happened?!" He should of known, it was obvious. There was blood rushing down George's forehead.

They had a bathtub/shower combination. The tub portion had a blood mark across the edge. It was only easy to slip and smack your head on the hard material.

George was practically a ragdoll as Dream attempted to pick him up. He finally got a decent hold on him, and brought him to the couch. Setting him down. He ran to get a towel, not caring that only the white ones were clean.

Dream put the towel firmly against the impact wound.

George was visibly fading in and out.

"Don't fall asleep, awake." He tapped George's cheek with his other hand. The little scratches were nothing anymore.

"Mnnotiredmn" George spat out something undetectable.

Dream moved the towel, seeing how bad the injury really was. It became clear that he needed to go to the hospital.

-

After struggling to get him to the car, Dream was able to rush George to the hospital.

There wasn't a long wait, which concerned Dream. Though they couldn't make him wait when his husband was about as lively as a corpse.

The whole time George was in and out, occasionally mumbling something that didn't make sense.

The doctor examined the wound, already knowing he needed stitches. "Yeah, it's definitely going to need stitches. It won't take long."

"I...mn...tired, can I have tired?" George looked towards the doctor. He was laying on the bed, with Dream next to him.

Dream reached over and held his hand. A victory for George, except he was concussed. "Just relax, you'll be home in bed soon." He had to hold a cloth over the reavene in George's forehead, while the doctor was prepping.

The doctor's assistant started the process of numbing the area. Only to have George push her hands away. "No- don't touch me there- that's hurting my head." George whined at them.

Dream took ahold of George's arms. "They are numbing you, it's okay."

"It's okay?" George repeated softly and let the assistant do their job.

Dream tried not to watch them do the stitching. Passing out wouldn't help the situation. So he kept looking down at the ring on George's finger. He still remembered when he picked it out at 16. The smiley face was an ironic choice, considering he married a man with depression. He loosened his hold on George's arms.

George put his hand on Dream's face. "No looking, it's my hands." He groaned and tried to rub his forehead. The doctor stopped him.

Dream couldn't help but crack a small laugh. It wasn't funny because George was hurt, the concussed confusion was just a bit amusing.

After George was stitched and no longer bleeding, Dream had to get him home. They had to wait in the hospital until George could at least stand. It made it much easier for Dream to help him to the car.

-

Once home, Dream walked George inside. Making sure to keep him from falling over. "How are you holding on?" He asked while walking him through the living room.