Chapter 4

Hope's P.O.V.
    I can't believe I almost fed on Landon. I almost couldn't stop myself but I guess never wanting to hurt him, helped me fight the bloodlust. These woods shouldn't have anyone around, so I should be safe from hurting others. The only thing I hate is that I've already hurt some poor animals for my hunger but I guess anyone who eats meat already does that. Although, it's different when the animal is still breathing and running from it's predator. Yeah, it's a completely different feeling than eating something that's already dead and something you didn't kill. Why is this bloodlust harder to control than I thought it would have been? It's a lot harder to handle than I thought.

    I keep walking around the woods, trying my best to control the thirst, while being in my own thoughts. I get shaken out of my thoughts when I hear crunching of leaves and twigs breaking, meaning something or someone was nearby. "Will you shut up before I make you shut up? We will find her, stop freaking out." I heard a voice say, a familiar voice, a voice I knew all too well. "Josie?" I called out and see her and Landon rush into my sight. "Hope!" They both yelled, I'm assuming happy to see me but also worried. I get the scent of Landon's blood and felt the veins already popping up under my eyes. I step back away from them, not wanting to hurt either one. Josie looked back at Landon and motioned him to step back. I could tell Landon wanted to run right to me but knew it would be a bad idea. Before I could say anything, Josie rushes towards me and I feel her grab my hands. I looked at her and felt calm, not fully calm but enough to help. I even felt my veins disappear. How did she do that? How did Josie manage to calm me down like this? "Hope, are you okay?" I hear her voice speak up and I sighed softly. "You both should go. I don't want to hurt either one of you." "Hope, you won't. I know you won't. Just let us help you." I can still feeling the urge to feed from the smell of Landon's blood but keeping my focus on Josie was helping me.. somehow.

Josie's P.O.V.
    I could tell it was hard on Hope with the smell of Landon's blood but she was somehow able to control herself in this moment. I did happen to notice the veins under her eyes before I grabbed her hands. Did I do that for her? Did I help her control it? Not possible right? Why would I be the one to help her in this way? "Jo, you can't help me. It's something you two can't help with." I hear Hope say and I just shook my head, not agreeing with her. "No, I can help. Just tell me what's going on." "Please Hope, we're worried about you." I hear Landon speak up and then heard leaves crunching behind me. "Landon, you have to stay back, she can still smell it and the closer you get, the worse it could get." I then hear nothing behind me but Landon sighing. I knew he wanted to be the one standing in front of Hope but with what happened back at the school, who knows what she would do. As much as I didn't want to think that way, I knew we had to be cautious. "Please Hope? I want to help." I look into her eyes and I can see she's afraid. Something I didn't see often with the tribrid standing in front of me, something rarely anyone has seen. She was always so good at hiding her fear but sometimes it came out, just like right now. Was it the fear of hurting us? Or was it a fear of thinking, we would think she was a monster? It was probably a bit of both. I hear Hope let out a breath, that seemed like she had been holding it for awhile. "I thought I could deal with it on my own." "Deal with what?" "The.. the bloodlust, the thirst. It's one of the reasons I stayed in my room the entire time. Anytime I caught a whiff or sight of blood, it was hard on me. I guess I got that from my uncle Kol." I hear her let out a small chuckle but it wasn't one where it was funny but ironically funny. "I tried to gain control on my own but clearly it hasn't worked. I would sneak out every night, after everyone was asleep, and grab myself a few bloodbags from the stash. I would take them to my room and tried to just have one or a bit of one." I hear her pause and see tears welling up in her eyes. I keep holding her hands, hoping it would soothe her a bit. "I would have one and not be able to stop myself until they were all empty. That's why when Landon came in, I asked him to leave. I smelt it instantly and the closer he got, the worse it was for me." I can now see the tears falling down her face, another thing that was rare to see from the tribrid. "I tried to control myself. Jo, I almost bit into his neck. I had the urge, the want to do so. I somehow managed to stop myself from doing so and ran to the window to get far away as soon as I possibly could. I co-could've killed him." I see more and more tears running down Hope's face. I couldn't stand it anymore. I grab a hold of Hope and pulled her into my arms in an attempt to soothe her. "Hey, you didn't. You managed to stop yourself so it's okay. It's all going to be okay. We can help you get through this. You're not alone Hope." I hold her close, hearing her sobbing and feeling her tears hit my shirt, not caring how wet she gets my shirt with her tears. I hate seeing her this way. It breaks my heart seeing her hurt or scared.

Landon's P.O.V.
    "I'm sorry Landon. I'm sorry." Is all I hear from my crying girlfriend as Josie is holding her and being there for her. I want to be the one to hold her when she's upset or scared but Josie was right. If I go any closer, who knows if she'd be able to stop herself again. "It's not your fault Hope. It's mine, I should've been more careful. I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry for scaring you like this." I see Hope look at me and give me a slight smile. "It's not your fault either." I hear her say and slowly pull away from Josie. "Thanks Jo." "How about we head back to the school? Landon will keep his distance and I'll be right here to stop you if I need to." I hear Josie speak, making Hope smile and nod her head. "I promise I'll keep my distance Hope, if it helps you." Hope smiles at me and I smile back. All I wanted to do was hold her and kiss her to make her feel better but at the moment, that wasn't a good idea.

    We start heading back to the school. I manage to keep my distance from Hope and I can tell Josie is ready to cast a spell to put Hope to sleep if she lost her control and attacked me. I wasn't scared for myself but I was scared Hope would lose control and attack Josie instead since she was closer to her. But it seemed like Josie wasn't afraid of that at all. It was like Josie had some kind of effect on Hope but I never understood what or why, but I never thought anything of it.

   Eventually we made it back to the school. We explained to Dr. Saltzman what had happened and he told Hope that we will all help her in anyway she needs it. Hope has done so much for everyone here and this school, it's obvious any of us would do anything for her. We all love Hope and we weren't going to let her go through this alone. I said goodnight to Hope, while keeping my distance. She blew me a kiss and went off to her room to sleep off the whole day that has been hard for her and probably horrible. Hopefully soon this wound would be healed up and I can go near my girlfriend again.

Author's Note: Another chapter! Again thanks to everyone reading this and voting on it. I appreciate it so much and I never even thought people would even be interested in reading it. Now I have to work the next few days so I may not be putting up a new chapter on these days. Any day I work, I may not update. It just really depends on how I'm feeling. If I feel like writing then I will but no promises. If nothing the next few days, I will try and have another chapter out Sunday! I hope you all enjoy this chapter. And I know right now it's just Hope, Josie, and Landon's P.O.Vs but soon I'll probably add in more people's P.O.Vs.