Chapter 16

Lizzie's P.O.V.
    After hearing that Josie was with Hope, I walked back to my room, feeling better that Josie was safe. But then something else came to mind. What were they doing that I couldn't hear anything in the room? They didn't put that spell on the room did they? Oh. My. God. They did! I heard nothing when I walked up, you'd think I would right? Some kind of talking or shuffling coming from the other side of the door.. but nothing. I sit on the bed, waiting for Josie to walk in. Once she does, she has this look on my face, like as if she wasn't expecting me to be waiting for her. "Thought I'd be asleep, huh? So what were you doing in Hope's room?" I could see her eyes widen and what looked like blushing. "N-nothing! I'm tired, let's go to sleep." She said and climbed into bed, acting as if she was about to sleep. I'm going to get it out of her. I always do eventually. "Oh no you don't." I yank the blankets off of her and look at her. "Tell me what happened." "If I wanted to talk about it, I wouldn't be trying to sleep. Just let it go Lizzie." She said and rolled her eyes at me. "Come on Jo. I know you better than anyone, so I know that you are dying to talk about something." I could tell she did want to talk about something or get advice for something. I knew it had to be eating away at her. "Maybe I do but I can't talk with you about it because you'll have something to say about it." She's afraid to talk to me. Probably because of how I usually take things but if this is about her feelings for Hope, I've come to terms with it.. kinda. Does it still disgust me? A little. Do I really want them to be a thing? Well no but I can't control their lives. I know Hope makes Josie happy and would keep her protected and safe, and I want them both to be happy. I want someone who will take care of my sister, protect her, and make her happy. "Jo, I'm here to listen. I know I didn't much before, but I'm trying to be a better sister." I wasn't always a great sister. I usually put myself first and Josie second but I want to start putting her first. She deserves it. She laid there and looked like she was hesitant but then sat up. "You won't give up until I talk, will you?" She asked and gave me a glare. "Nope, so spit it out." I can see that this was really beating her up. What is it that she's hiding? How long has she been hiding it? This will make her feel better. "Promise you won't freak out." This has to be about her and Hope if she would say that. I guess she knows from experience how I would react from certain things. "I won't freak out." I'm sure she doesn't believe that completely. "I think I may.. uhm.. I have feelings for Hope." She finally said it. I can't believe she finally said it. "Finally!" She gave me a weird look. Oops, I said that out loud, didn't I? "Finally? W-what do you mean finally?" "Look Jo, I've kinda noticed things." "Noticed what things?" "Oh maybe that you're always taking Hope's side. Or protecting her. Or defending her. You smile like crazy when she's around. She makes you laugh like no one else. I mean Jo, you chose her over Finch." "What do you mean?" "You came here to support Hope when your girlfriend probably wanted to spend time with you and not dealing with Malivore things." She looked at me as if she was relived I didn't say something else. "Wait.. have you chosen Hope more than once?" From the way she looked down, I knew she was trying to hide it. She's chosen Hope over Finch more than once? "Remember when Hope almost fed from Landon?" I nodded my head at her question. "Yeah why?" "Well I had a date with Finch that night but I went after Hope instead." She actually chose to go after Hope, over her date. Wow, she's got it bad. "Josie, why were you so afraid to just tell me? You have feelings for Hope, not like you haven't before." "I know but it's not like she feels the same for me anyways, so what's the point?" If only she knew what I knew. Maybe I should tell her. Before I even could, she spoke up again. "That's not all though." Wait, what? What else is there? "What do you mean that's not all?" It took her a moment. What could it be? "Hope and I kissed!" She finally blurted out. My eyes widened. "I'm sorry what?!" This wasn't what I was expecting. "I thought you said you wouldn't freak!" She's right. I need to calm down. "You kissed Hope Mikaelson?" "Well she kissed me." "Wait.. Hope kissed you and you think she doesn't feel the same?!" How does that make sense? "It's not like that. I told her to kiss me. When the siren had us, she had given Hope vervain and lots of it. She couldn't break free and her body was too weak to do a spell well enough. The only way I could would be to siphon her or something else but I was also tied up.." "So to get free, you told her to kiss you so you could siphon her?" I sighed softly and sat next to Josie. She was upset about it. How strong were her feelings for Hope if she was hurting over the idea of Hope not feeling the same way? "Jo, there's something I never told you before." "What is it?" Should I tell her? "No, it's nothing." This should be something Hope tells her. Plus I'm sure she'll get mad at me for not telling her sooner. "Lizzie what is it?" She really wants to know. Why did I have to run my big mouth? "Please?" I can't say no to her for long. "When Hope and I were dealing with a monster in the gym, she told me that she had a crush on you when we were fourteen." I said and closed my eyes, bracing myself for her sudden anger that I never told her that. It never came. I opened my eyes and I see her in shock. "S-she had a crush on me?" "Yeah, that's what she said. So I wouldn't put it past her to have a crush on you again." Am I helping them get together? Am I their Cupid?! "But w-why?" "That would be a question for Hope." "No! I can't ask her or tell her how I feel! Especially with everything going on. Plus I'm still with Finch." "Well Jo, you'll have to say something eventually. Finch can probably tell something is up. You have to make a decision sis. Dump Finch and tell Hope and hopefully she feels the same. Or stay with Finch and possibly lose the chance to ever be with Hope." I know it's a tough position to put her in but she needs to figure these things out. It's her decision and as much as I want to help her, this is something she had to do alone. "Let's sleep now. You can think about it later." I said and climbed into bed beside her. "Try and get some sleep." I said and turned to try and sleep myself. "Oh and just so you know. The thought of you and Hope together is weird and gross but if she makes you happy and keeps you safe, then I can't stop you and I'll get used to it.. eventually." I said, knowing she probably was thinking about how I would react to it. I didn't want her thinking about that. I wanted her to know that I wouldn't stop her from being Hope if she really wanted to be with her. Now, I guess the only thing I can do is wait to see what Josie will do and if Hope will do anything about it or not.