Chapter 22

Josie's P.O.V.
    Once we made it back to her house, she led me up to her room. I hear her say a few words under her breath and the door closed behind us. She had me sit on the bed and she went to grab her makeup. "Hope?" I said and she turned around to look at me. "Yeah Jo?" I couldn't stop looking at her. She is so beautiful. "Jo?" I hear her say, making me realize I was staring at her. "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself." I said, blushing and looking away. I hear her chuckle, making me smile. "What is it Jo?" She asked again and I looked up at her. I think I've made my decision. Before she could say anything else, I used my vampire speed to stand in front of her. I grabbed onto her waist and pulled her closer to me. I could hear both of our hearts racing. "Josie, aren't you still with-" She started to say but I cut her off. "Oh shut up." Is all I say before I pressed my lips against hers. I couldn't control myself. I needed her close to me. I feel her kiss me back and her hands cupping both sides of my face.

    We stand there kissing for a what feels like a long time. It feels like the world around us has just stopped and it's just the two of us. I feel her pull away but I keep my eyes closed. "Jo, we should reall-" I cut her off again by pressing my lips to hers. "You're making this very hard for me to control myself." I hear her mumble against my lips. At this point I didn't care if she lost control with me. But I knew we shouldn't be doing that with so many people in the house. I pulled away and rested my forehead against hers. "You're right. W-we should stop, even though I really don't want to." I said, trying to catch my breath. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't control myself. You just look so.. perfect." I hear her chuckle softly. "Those heightened emotions are really taking a toll on you huh?" I let her go and sat down on her bed. I want to tell her that I choose her, but I think I should tell Finch first. It's only right to let her know first, but I really don't want to hurt her. I look up at Hope and see her smiling at me. "It's very hard to control myself around you." I admit and she nodded her head. "Yeah I know how you feel Jo." She sat down next to me and I felt the urge to just lay her down on her bed and let my emotions take control, but I tried my best to fight them. I feel her hand on my neck, making chills run down my spine. What is this girl doing to me? How does she have such an effect on me? I feel her start to dab my neck where the hickey is, which lets me know she's putting makeup on it to cover it back up. "So how are you feeling Jo?" She asked and I'm sure what she means. Is she talking about the kiss? "W-what do you mean?" I asked, not wanting to let her know that I choose her before I get the chance to tell Finch. "About you know, your new found abilities?" She said and I finally understand what she meant. She's worried about me. It seems Hope always worries about me. "I'm fine Hope." "Come on Jo. I know how hard it is to deal with becoming a vampire. I know it was my destiny eventually but it wasn't for you. I never wanted this to happen to you. I never wanted you to have to go through the learning process, I never wanted you to have to deal with the guilt of possibly losing control, or the heightened emotions. I mean obviously they're already taking a toll on you, just as they did me." Before she can continue, I turn to look at her and grab a hold of her hand. "Hope, I'm fine. Yeah it's tough but I can get through it. Besides I have you don't I?" I asked and she looked at me. "Of course you do Jo. You'll always have me." I smile at her. "And you will always have me. I know it's going to be tough to get through and get used to but as long as I have you and the others, I can do it. Just like you can." I see a smile trying to show on her face. "Come on Hope. Smile, I can tell you want to." She rolled her eyes at me and smiled. I sit there, looking at her. It's like we can't take our eyes off of eachother at this moment. Why must she be so beautiful? Why must I be in a relationship and it isn't with Hope?

    We sit there staring at eachother until we hear a knock on Hope's door. I turn to look at the door, hoping whoever it was, wouldn't just walk in because then they might ask questions because we were literally just in a trance together. We were so focused on eachother, we didn't even hear the person walking down the hallway. "Hope, you in there?" I hear her uncle call out. "If you are, go find Josie. I don't do this for many people but I'm willing to help her with control. Her mother is going to help to, so come on!" He said and then we heard him walking away. I turned back go Hope and sighed softly. I didn't want to leave her room, because then we wouldn't be alone. "You okay Jo? Are you ready for this?" I hear her ask, with a worried tone in her voice and a worried look on her face. "I gotta learn sometime. You'll come with me right?" I asked, wanting her there for comfort and just so I could look at her whenever I wanted to. "I thought you'd never ask." She smiled at me and chuckled softly. God, she's so cute. She made sure my hickey was covered before standing up and putting her makeup back. "It should be completely healed in about an hour but that's so no one sees and asks questions." She turned back towards me and held her hand out towards me. I didn't take my eyes off of her once. I took her hand and stood up from her bed. "You'll be okay. You've got this." Hope said and gave me a wink. Fuck, Hope. You're just making it harder on me. That little wink was so damn sexy but cute all at the same time. She started to lead me out the room and out to let me train. I need to learn control. Not just for blood lust but probably for my new abilities. I need to know how to control them so I don't just run in front of humans and accidentally use my vampire speed, giving myself and every other supernatural, away.