Chapter 29

Josie's P.O.V.
    It is our last day in New Orleans. We stayed so I could train some more before heading home but now seems good enough to go home. If I really need anything, I have mom and Hope who can help. I mainly offered to stay longer so Hope could have more time with her family before going back home. She needed to be with her family after everything she went through recently. I hated that she had to say goodbye to them but I knew she would see them again. They all promised to visit more often, especially now that our threats are all gone.. for now at least. Our lives will never not have a threat. The last few days, Hope has spent a lot of time with her family, but she did obviously make time for me as well. We've been doing great as girlfriends. It's still new so it's something we both have to get used to, especially Hope since she's never actually been with a girl before. But we both know that we love each other and that's all that really matters. Lizzie hasn't shut up about me telling her everything that happened on my date with Hope so I know I will have to tell her soon to shut her up but right now, I just want our date to be ours and not shared with anyone else. Hope and I have both said simple things about it, like how it was perfect and how we were girlfriends now, but no details. That's what Lizzie wanted was all the details but she can wait. Tomorrow we're leaving to go home so Hope was spending the last day with her family. I miss her but I know she needs time with them. Lizzie and I have been catching up with mom. We haven't seen her in so long and we were so happy that she would be home from now on. She had no reason to be gone anymore. There would be no more murge thanks to me becoming a heretic. But having my mom, did make me feel kinda sorry for Hope because she can't see her mom like I can see mine now. Maybe mom can be like a mom to her whenever she needs one. I'm sure mom wouldn't mind that. Plus she was close to Hope's dad anyway so she knew more about him and had stories she could tell her. I know there were bad stories but I also knew that mom had some good ones about him that I'm sure Hope would love to hear. I know Hope is still dealing with the guilt and pain of Landon and everything she did with her humanity off, but I wouldn't give up. I will do anything and everything I can to help her get through it. I want to be the best girlfriend for her, even if I am the first. She would do the same for me, I know she would.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I spent our last day in New Orleans with my family. I needed a day with just them before I left. I do miss Josie but I know she's spending time with her mom and sister. Not only that but I needed to let my family have me for a day before we leave. We promised to visit more often. I mean now that Malivore was gone and there wouldn't be anymore monsters, I had more time to visit. And they promised to take some time off every so often to come and visit me. I mean they do still have that house in Mystic Falls so they would have a place to stay. We spent all day together. I even gave uncle Kol another rematch on our fight, which of course I won again. When is he going to learn that I'm stronger than him? I enjoyed the day with them, but I was still feeling down. I mean I did kill the boy who was my best friend and boyfriend for a while. I will always love Landon. I just hope Josie doesn't get insecure about it because no matter what, I will always choose her. I love her more than I have ever loved Landon and I hope she sees that.

The Next Day
    Morning came and we had to hit the road soon. I packed up the little things I had brought before hand and then got ready for the day. I head down stairs and leave my bag near the door. I walk into the kitchen and see my family either sitting around the table or helping make breakfast. "Morning everyone." "Finally you're awake little one." I roll my eyes at my uncle. "Oh come on, we spent all day yesterday together, I was exhausted." That wasn't completely true. I am the tribrid after all, it doesn't really make sense that I could get exhausted easily. I just couldn't sleep much. My mind was running. I'm still trying to get through everything that happened. "Yeah right, you're the tribrid, there is no way you ge-" Uncle Kol stops when aunt Freya slaps him in the back of the head. "Bloody hell!" I chuckled softly and rolled my eyes. My family is definitely something else but I love them just the way they are. "Come sit Hope, breakfast should be done soon." Marcel said and I walked over to sit down.