Chapter 15

Josie's P.O.V.
    It's been a few days since Malivore disappeared with Kaleb. In those few days, we found the siren again and got rid of her. Now our only threat was Malivore, until he sent more monsters. Hope and I haven't been able to talk about our kiss but it's been on my mind ever since it happened. I wanted to kiss her again but one, I have a girlfriend, and two, Hope would probably never feel the way I do for her, towards me. But if she didn't feel that way towards me then why was there those fireworks? They were intense and seemed more meaningful and passionate, than when fireworks happened when I kissed Finch. What does this mean? Does this mean that I will never stop having feelings for Hope? Or did it mean that Hope and I are meant to be together? There's no way I'm meant to be with someone who never felt that way towards me right? That would be devastating and mean I would be alone for the rest of my life. Dammit, why must I always fall for her?

    Freya wanted to do her little test today so she had me and Lizzie standing here, waiting for Hope to come down for her lesson. When she knew Hope was coming down, she had us cut our hands so Hope could smell the blood. It hurt a bit but it's not we both haven't done it for spells. And I made sure to use the hand that got cut before so I wouldn't be causing more damage to myself. I knew Hope would hate it if I caused more damage to myself. It didn't take long before Hope was standing in front of us. I could see the veins under eyes and her fangs trying to poke through. Her eyes glowed yellow. I guess the hunger thing, affected her wolf side too. "What the hell happened?" She asked, trying to hold herself back. "Don't worry Hope, they're fine. It's a little test I wanted to try, ever since what happened at the party. Just try and control it, you can do it." Freya said and we all watched Hope as she struggled to hold back. She moved closer to me and looked at me. I moved my hand up to her, trusting her if she wanted to feed. "Go on Hope. It's okay." I said and she moved a bit closer to my bloody hand. I closed my eyes to try and hide the pain, if she did bite into my hand. Suddenly I heard Lizzie scream. "Dammit Hope!" I opened my eyes to see her feeding from Lizzie's hand instead of mine. For some reason, I felt a little jealous that she chose Lizzie over me. Why the hell am I jealous that she decided to feed from Lizzie and not me?! Geez, I must be feeling more for her than I thought. Just seeing her with anyone else made me jealous. "Hope, you can stop now." Lizzie said and I put my hand on Hope's shoulder and she slowly pulled away. "I'm sorry Lizzie." "It's fine. I just hope soon you learn control. I'm glad to help." Lizzie said and smiled at Hope. They used to hate eachother but they eventually got closer and now they're friends and not enemies anymore. Even though Lizzie doesn't show it much, she does care for Hope and only want the best for her. "Lizzie, mind if I talk to you for a moment?" Freya said and motioned her to follow her. I wonder what they're going to talk about.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I was heading down to go to my lesson. I didn't really want to have one today but my aunt Freya insisted. Apparently she had a test she wanted to do but she wouldn't tell me what it was. My mind was all on the recent events. Yes Malivore was one of those thoughts but the main one in my mind was Josie and our kiss. I couldn't get it out of my mind. And those fireworks. That's never happened to me before, not with Roman or Landon. Did this mean I really did have feelings for Josie? I haven't liked her since we were fourteen.. unless those feelings never went away and I just never noticed it. I assumed they went away since I fell for Roman and then Landon but did they actually leave me? Maybe I was hiding it from myself because I never thought she felt the same? Hiding it from myself? Like what uncle Kol said. Could this be what it is?

    Before I could explore my thoughts more about possibly having feelings for Josie, I smelt the strong smell of blood. One I've smelt before and one I haven't. The one was definitely Josie's. I know it was. Is she okay?! Did she get hurt?! It better not be Malivore! I rushed to where the smell was coming from and I see Josie, Lizzie, and my aunt standing there, as if they were waiting for me. I could see that Josie and Lizzie both had cuts on their hands and blood was slowly flowing out. I could see the stream of blood coming out of their hands. "What the hell happened?" I asked, trying to hold myself back. Hearing what my aunt said, I got pissed at her for letting them do this. Before I knew it, I was in front of Josie. She lifted her hand towards me and I could tell it was the hand I had fed from before because I could see the bite marks. I'm glad she didn't use the other hand because then she'd have a wound on both and I didn't want that and I definitely didn't want her doing this in the first place. Anything they said just went right past me because I was too distracted, trying to control myself and not hurt Jo. Before I knew it, I was biting into a hand. But it wasn't Josie's, it was Lizzie's. How did I manage to not feed from Josie? Is it because I never want to hurt her? Well I never wanted to hurt Lizzie either but it was different with Josie. Is this the feelings possibility again? Anything they said went right past me, again. I kept feeding, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. Somehow, I knew it was Josie. I slowly pulled away and looked at Lizzie. "I'm sorry Lizzie." Hearing what she had to say, made me feel a little bit better.