Chapter 6

Hope's P.O.V.
    The next morning came and I knew it was going to be a long one with the driving so far and having Lizzie and Landon in a car together for that long, didn't sound like a very good idea. Before anyone else was up, I went to the stash of blood bags and grabbed some to pack in my bag, in case I needed some on the way. After I got them packed in my bag, I went to take a shower and get ready for the day ahead of us. I took longer in the shower than I should've but I was lost in my thoughts.

    Eventually I finished my shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I walked out into my room to change into my clothes. Before I could I hear the door open and heard Josie speak up. "Hey Hope, are y-" I heard her pause and then remembered what I was in. My cheeks grew bright red but I quickly turned to look at Josie to see, she was also blushing. "I'm sorry!" She said quickly and left the room, before I could say anything. I could've sworn I saw her checking me out but that's ridiculous. Why would Josie be checking me out in a towel. If I did see her eyes looking me up and down, it was probably from the shock of seeing me in a towel. I could hear her heart racing from the other side of the door before she walked off down the hall. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag. I headed out to the car and saw Josie and Landon already putting their things in. I knew Lizzie would be the last one out, she probably had to choose her outfit for the day and make sure she had enough outfits for the trip. I put my bag in the car and then looked at Josie, wanting to talk to her real quick to try and make things less awkward between us because if we didn't, Lizzie would definitely be able to see it and start asking questions.

Josie's P.O.V.
    I can't believe I just saw Hope in a towel! It's almost as if I couldn't take my eyes off of her to even say anything or leave. It took me a moment to leave, but maybe it was just the shock. I see Hope coming towards the car and I knew we had to talk about it but I was dreading it a bit. Before I could run away from the fear of talking to her about it, Hope walks up to me. "Hey Jo. About what just happened, are we okay? I don't want things to be weird." I hear her say and I could feel my face instantly grow hot, meaning I was blushing again. Was I thinking of her in a towel again?! Quit it Josie! She's your best friend! You weren't checking her out or thinking about it! "Jo?" Hope spoke up again, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Uh, yeah we're okay. It's my fault, I should've knocked." I said, a bit embarrassed we had to even have this kind of talk. "No, it's my fault, I should've locked the door." "No it's your room, you don't have to lock the door to your own room if you don't want to. I shouldn't have just walked in and I'm sorry." "I'm sorry too but it's still not your fault. It was.. just an accident." Hope said but the way she said it, it almost made it sound like she was disappointed it was an accident. I couldn't help but look at the red headed girl in front of me. I see her smile and I smiled back, glad we settled the situation and it wasn't weird the entire time, but I knew it would still be a little weird. "Hey! What's going on?" I hear Lizzie speak up. "Nothing!" Both Hope and I yell to avoid her asking questions, but the way we said it, probably had her wanting to ask questions but I gave her a look and she ignored it. I knew later, she would most likely bring it up again, which I'm dreading.

    We packed everything in the car and was ready to go. Dad came down to say goodbye and wish us a safe trip and to remind us to call him everyday or he'd probably be driving down here as fast as he could. It was still pretty early, so everyone else was still asleep. After saying goodbye to dad, we got in the car, Hope driving, Landon in the passenger seat, which Lizzie hated he got shotgun and for some reason I didn't like it much either but I just ignored that thought. Once everyone was in, Hope made sure that everyone had everything and didn't have to use the bathroom before driving off so we wouldn't have to stop right away. I could see her looking towards Landon and then Lizzie through the rearview mirror. She was mostly meaning them which made me chuckle softly to myself. I saw Hope look at me and smile, which told me she heard my chuckling. "Alright, if no one has anything else to do before we leave, let's hit the road." Hope said as she started up the car and started driving down the road.