Chapter 8

Josie's P.O.V.
It has been hours since Hope left. I knew she was okay but I was still worried about her. Not only that but Lizzie has been driving me crazy about Hope ditching us and not taking us around town. "Hope promised she would take us around town and now she's off doing whatever the hell it is she's doing." I hear Lizzie complain and I rolled my eyes. "She is being so damn selfish. And who knows what the Hobbit feels. I'm sure he's in his room worried about her. Like does she not care about any of us anymore now that she's the full tribrid and back home?" The more she rambled on, the more I was losing it until I lost it completely. "Lizzie, will you shut up?!" Lizzie quickly turned to look at me, surprised I just yelled at her. "Haven't you ever thought maybe she had something very important to do? And Hope is anything but selfish. She gave up so much to save us and the rest of Mystic Falls so you can't say she's selfish. She deserves to be selfish and do something for herself for a change. So just shut up. Hope wouldn't break her promise to us. She will be taking us out around town, you just have to give her time, even if it is another day and not today." I finished saying and before Lizzie could snap back at me, I left the room and walked down the hall. I headed downstairs and out the door to find myself in front of the house. I sit on the steps and placed my face in my hands and sighed softly to myself. Why did I go off on Lizzie like that? It had to of been because I knew where Hope was and everything Lizzie was saying was just her being selfish and mad at Hope for not choosing to take us out today. Hope deserves to see her parents, after everything she's been through. I just wish she could actually see them. "Jo?" I hear and lift my head up. "Hi." I said softly and smiled.

Hope's P.O.V.
I made it home and when I got out of the car, I see Josie sitting on the steps, looking kinda upset. I hope it isn't because I didn't take her around town today. "Are you okay?" I asked and sat next to her on the steps. "I'm fine. It's just Lizzie." She said and I instantly knew Lizzie must've done something to make Josie upset. "But don't worry about me. Are you okay? You were gone for hours." She asked and made me wonder if she knew where I was or if she was just being her normal self worrying about me. "I'm fine, I promise. I just had to do something. I'm sorry for not taking you three around town like I promised." I looked down, feeling bad that I didn't keep my promise today. "I would now but it's going to get dark soon and it's even more crowded at night it seems." I felt Josie's hand on my shoulder and I look up at her. "No need to apologize Hope. Like you said, you had something to do. We can go tomorrow or any day you feel like it." I smiled softly at her. How did she always make me feel better and smile like this? "What about Lizzie?" I asked and I see Josie roll her eyes at the mention of her twin. "Lizzie can get over it." She said and smiled back at me. "Thanks Jo, I needed this." I said softly and she just nodded her head. "Anytime." She said and we sat there looking out into the distance.

Eventually we get interrupted by Landon running up to us. "Hope, you're home! Are you okay? Where have you been?" He asked and I turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine Landon. And I just had something important to do is all." Landon started to calm down some. "Were you waiting by the window for me?" I asked and he gave me a innocent look as if trying to hide that he was waiting. "Yeah maybe." I knew it because he showed up pretty fast and plus I didn't even go inside yet, so he had to of been waiting by a window. "How about we all go back inside? I'm sure your family will be glad you're back." Josie said and stood up from the steps. I look up at her and she had her hand out to help me up. I turn to see Landon also had his hand out to help me up. I wonder if he had the same idea as Josie or if he just saw her do it first and then did it as well. I took both of their hands and stood up, feeling both of them help pull me up. "Come on, it might start getting cold soon and I don't need two sickies to deal with." I said jokingly, knowing that if they both were sick, I would be doing anything and everything I could for them to help them get well.