Chapter 21

Josie's P.O.V.
    I made sure the hickey wasn't noticeable and headed to meet up with mom. When I get there, I see Lizzie and her already talking. I can hear from a mile away that they were taking about clothes. This new heightened hearing, would need getting used to. Everything new about me would need getting used to. I walk over with a smile on my face, happy that Lizzie and I finally got to see mom and spend time with her. I hope she stays with us and goes home to Mystic Falls with us. Now that I was a heretic, the merge should never happen and mom wouldn't have to find a way to stop it. "There's my other girl." I hear mom say as she looked over at me. I guess I had stopped in my tracks and got lost in my thoughts. I walked over to them and sat down next to mom.

    After what felt like hours of catching up and telling mom everything that's happened while she was gone, I realize that I should talk to her alone for a moment. "Hey, Lizzie?" I said and she looked at me. "Yeah Jo?" "Do you mind if I have a moment alone with mom?" "What for sweetie?" I hear mom cut in. "It's just.. well you've gone through this whole vampire thing and I would like to talk about it, now that I'm also one?" I knew Lizzie didn't want to leave mom since we haven't seen her in awhile, but she also knew that I need a moment to talk about this whole vampirism thing. "Don't worry, I'll go." Lizzie said and got up. Before Lizzie was all about herself but after everything we've been through and her knowing how I felt, she has been a better sister and not always making things about her. "I'll go check on Hope and see how she's doing." "Thank you Elizabeth. We can continue our fashion talk later sweetie." Mom said standing up and giving Lizzie a hug and a kiss on the head before Lizzie left.

    When mom sat back down, I looked at her and sighed softly. "Was it hard for you?" I instantly ask. It has been hard for me because I never imagined this would ever happen, even if I had thought of it before being a solution to the merge. "It's hard on everyone when something drastically changes in their life. I mean look at Hope for example. I know that she is a strong, brave, young woman but you and I both know she's had some hard things she had to get through." Of course she would use Hope for an example. I mean mom did know her father, Klaus Mikaelson. Not only that but mom has lost her father and mother like Hope, so she probably knew how she felt. "You can get through it honey. We're all here for you. We will all help you learn control of every one of your new abilities." She said and smiled at me. "And I can tell Hope will be a big part of helping you." She said and gave me a look. Does she know? "W-what do you mean?" "I can see how much she cares for you. I mean she didn't leave your side for one second while you were going through transition. Well except for when we all basically forced her to go rest." She said and chuckled softly. "So she really did stay by my side?" I asked and looked to the ground, smiling to myself. "Yeah she did. Why do you ask?" She asked and I could hear how her tone sounded like she was insinuating something. "Oh, n-no reason." "Wait a minute. Josette Saltzman." Uh oh. No no no! "Do you like Hope?" Damn it! She figured me out. How do mothers always know? "I don't know what you're talking about." "Oh you do know. Josie why wouldn't you tell me?" She asked and I sighed softly. "Because I still technically do have a girlfriend and I don't want anyone knowing, especially dad, if I'm not sure who I'm going to choose yet." "Sweetie, you can always come to me with these things." "I know and I should have because it's been so hard on me. I mean even before I knew Hope felt the same I-" I covered my mouth quickly when I realize what I just said. "Wait! She feels the same?!" "I shouldn't have said that!" I said and covered my face with my hands, embarrassed that I just said that. "Don't worry honey, both of your secrets are safe with me." I hear mom say and felt her rub my back, to make me feel better. "Thanks mom." I said and looked up at her. "So am I the only one to know besides Hope and you?" She asked and I rolled my eyes at the thought of Lizzie figuring it out. "No, Lizzie got it out of me. And I have a feeling some of the others suspect but isn't sure." "Like Finch?" I sighed softly. "Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked, wondering what gave it away for her. "Well the fact that they hate eachother. At first I thought there was a whole nother reason for it but after you telling me about your feelings for eachother, it makes more sense on why they hate eachother." "Jealousy?" I said and chuckled softly. "It's hard to imagine Hope being jealous like that though." I added and my mom chuckled. "Well her father got very jealous when I was with other guys, so she probably got that from him." "And it looks like you got something from me." She added onto her sentence and I looked at her confused on what she meant. "Our attraction to Mikaelsons." She said, making me giggle at that comment. "It is hard not to be attracted to Hope, I mean she is so beautiful, smart, talented, strong, brave, and so damn-" I stop myself before I call Hope hot or sexy in front of my mom and looked down at my feet. "It's alright Jo. Mikaelsons have a certain kind of charm, it's hard not to think all those things, including the ones you wouldn't say." She said, which only made my face go bright red. I hear her laugh and then nudge me, making me chuckle. I feel her arm wrap around my shoulder and she pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and rest my head against her chest. I missed this. Our talks together. Our hugs. Our little messing around with eachother. I've missed her for so long and I finally got to see her and spend time with her again. "I missed you mom." I said and smiled. "I missed you too sweetie." But thinking of how I get to be with my mom after so long, makes me realize Hope must miss her mom very much, more than she'll ever admit to anyone but herself. I could never imagine how she feels.