Chapter 9

Meanwhile back in Mystic Falls

Alaric's P.O.V.
    It has been a couple of days since they left to New Orleans. I since have told everyone else where they had gone and why they went. They all seemed upset about it but I wasn't sure why. I was worried about the girls and Landon but I knew the Mikaelsons would make sure they were safe. I just hoped they aren't gone too long.

    I was just sitting in my office, reading up more on the merge trying to figure out a way to save my little girls from having to go through it, when I hear a knock on my door. I closed the book and look up at the door. "Come in!" I called out and the door opened. When it did, I see everyone walk in and stand around me. "Alright what's going on here?" I asked, knowing something was up. "We want to go to New Orleans." MG spoke up after someone pushed him to say something. I'm guessing they made him the spokesman for their little plan. "And why do you want to go to New Orleans?" I asked and stood up from my seat. "We all think we could use a vacation as well after everything we've all been through. And we also want to be there for Hope." MG spoke up again and sounded more confident this time. "Well not all of us." Finch mumbled under her breathe but everyone was quiet so we could hear her. What was going on with Finch and Hope? Why did it seem like they hated each other when they barely knew each other? "I don't know guys. Hope has a lot on her plate and with everyone around it might make it worse." I said and MG and Kaleb both shook their heads. "We had everyone around to help us with this kind of thing after you found us and it helped. I'm sure it'll help Hope too." Kaleb said and I can tell MG agrees with him. "Plus I don't think the Mikaelsons would want a bunch of kids in their home." I said, trying to make up an excuse but I knew these kids better than that to know that they would figure something else out. "We can stay in a hotel or something. Just as long as we can be there for Hope, all while having a small vacation." Cleo spoke up and I started thinking about it. "You kids won't give up until I give in, will you?" They all looked at each other and then back at me with the same look on their faces, telling me no. "Alright fine. Go start packing, I'll figure out arrangements and stuff." They all got excited and left the room to pack. I knew this wasn't the greatest idea but I guess we all did need a vacation.

    After a bit of time of planning out things, I managed to get everything scheduled for us to leave the next day. As I finished up one last thing, I see Ethan come into my room. It's still a little weird having him in my school when he was just a human before the whole Malivore thing. "Uh sir, there is a giant RV sitting outside the school." I get up and walk to the window to see he was right. "Thanks Ethan. I rented it because driving all of us to New Orleans would have been hard with a small mini van." I walked past him and headed down stairs to talk to the man who brought the RV and take the keys.

    After getting everything settled, we packed the RV. Since it wasn't late like when the girls and Landon planned on leaving, we didn't wait another day. We all got in the RV and I started up the engine. I turned around to look at everyone in the back. "Do we have everyone?" I asked and everyone looked around to make sure they saw everyone and nodded their heads. "I think everyone is here." Kaleb said. I nodded and turned back around. I got on the road and headed towards New Orleans.

Josie's P.O.V.
    It was the next day and Hope promised to take us around New Orleans. I still can't get what Lizzie was saying to me out of my head. Both her and Finch have said something about me having feelings for Hope. There's no way I do right? I get up and go to get ready for the day. I finished getting dressed and headed down stairs to see if anyone else was awake. I walk into the living room and see Hope sitting with her family, just talking. I'm happy she gets to be with them. I just hope she is feeling okay after yesterday. I smiled slightly to myself as I just watch them talking and looking happy. After a bit of time, I realize that I was staring at Hope way too much. I shook myself out of my trance, hoping no one had seen that. I decided to finally walk over to them. "Good morning." I said and when I did, Hope instantly turned to look at me and smiled at me. Why did I get a certain feeling whenever Hope smiled at me? "Good morning Jo. Is everyone else up and ready to go? We have to make it a quick little tour because my uncle wants to start my training." She said and I nodded slightly. "I have no clue about Landon but Lizzie is still trying to figure out what to wear." I see Hope roll her eyes, making me giggle softly but I knew everyone around me heard because of their heightened hearing. "Wanna join us?" Hope asked and I just nodded slightly and walked over to sit next to Hope. "What are you all talking about?" I asked. "We were just catching up some more, considering you all got here late at night and then literally the next day, Hope was gone for hours." Rebekah said and looked at Hope. "Aunt Rebekah." Hope said and gave her aunt a look. I wonder if it was because she didn't know that I knew where she had gone yesterday and didn't want me to ask. I don't blame her though. I know how she is, I don't expect her to tell me. As we continued talking, Kol walked in and sat with us. "So little niece, now that you're a vampire as well, we should have a little match." Kol said and instantly I didn't like the feeling I got from his idea. "No Kol, you are not fighting our niece." Freya said and I could tell Rebekah agreed with her. "Oh come on. I want to see who's stronger." "We all know Hope would be stronger than you, so no fighting." Rebekah said and I felt a bit better that they disagreed with Kol. "Actually aunties, sounds like fun." I instantly turn my head to Hope. "Hope, you could get hurt." I said, worried about her getting hurt. "Jo, I'll be fine. My uncle would never do anything to actually hurt me and besides I am the tribrid." She said with so much confidence but I still didn't like it and I could tell her aunts didn't like it either. "Come on, let me show uncle Kol here what a tribrid can do." Hope said and looked at her aunts to get their okay. I looked at them and waited for their response as well but wanted the opposite response than Hope and Kol wanted. "I agree with Josie, it's dangerous." Rebekah said and Freya nodded her head. "But she is a big girl and more powerful than all of us, probably combined." Freya said, looking at Rebekah. "Plus it would be fun to see Hope kick his ass." I don't like where this is going. "Alright fine. One match. But Kol if you hurt her, we will deal with you ourselves." Freya said and glared at Kol. "Then let's go." Hope said and stood up. She looked down at me and held out her hand. "You coming?" She asked and I was hesitant because I didn't want to see her get hurt but if she did get hurt, I would want to be there for her. I sighed softly and took her hand, standing up. After her family went outside for the match, Hope grabbed ahold of my other hand and looked at me. "I promise you, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry." Hearing that, did make me feel a bit better but not much. I walk with her outside and sit with Rebekah and Freya. I still don't like this idea and I wasn't sure why I felt this much worry.