Chapter 26

Josie's P.O.V.
    We have resulted in wondering around New Orleans to find Hope. We still haven't figured out what to do to bring her back but I have a feeling it'll involve me somehow. I would do anything to bring her back. This isn't Hope and she deserves nothing but happiness and love. I want to give her that but I can't when she doesn't even give a fuck about me. We have been wondering around for hours and it was getting late so everyone decided to go back to the house but I stayed out a bit longer, hoping I can find her. It ended up getting even later and dad, mom, and Lizzie wouldn't stop spamming me with texts and calls, so I headed back to the house. When I walked in, they all were worried about me and glad that I was back but I basically just ignored them and walked upstairs. I miss her so much. What am I going to do? I never realized how much Hope meant to me until I've almost lost her to Malivore and now that I've lost her to her humanity switch. I end up walking into her room without even realizing and look around. Her art pieces are beautiful, amazing, and breathtaking. I have never seen any art, like hers, in my entire life. If she was here now, I'm sure there would be a new unfinished piece sitting on that her easel. She always had a new painting sitting on her easel waiting to be finished. I move over to her bed and laid down on it. I turned to my side and just wished she was laying next to me. The only way we know to bring her back would be for me or someone else she cares about to be killed, but that isn't possible with surviving in the end or success. If only I could scare her enough to bring her back. Wait, maybe I can. I quickly get up and check to make sure no one sees me. Apparently I stayed in Hope's room for awhile because everyone was asleep, or at least trying to. I sneak out of the house and head to look for Hope again.

    After hours of searching, the sun was starting to rise. Have I really been out here this long? I am getting exhausted but I have to find her. Eventually I start smelling blood. Maybe if I follow the scent, Hope would be there because she clearly doesn't care who she feeds from now. I follow the scent and end up seeing her feeding on someone in an alleyway. I can't get used to the sight of seeing her feed like this. It was hard for me to control myself around the smell but I tried my best to hold back. Once she finished feeding, she let the person go. At least she didn't kill them. "So I see you found me. Like I said before Jo, you can't bring me back so just give up." I hear her say and turn to look at me. She must've heard me or she picked up my scent, considering she had a wolf's sense of smell and a vampire's sense of smell, it probably was more powerful than what I , or any wolf could smell. Seeing the blood on her lips, made me want to just rush over to her and lick her lips clean. Not just for the taste of blood but because I wanted to kiss her as well. But I held myself back. I watch her as she wipes her mouth clean of blood. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a party to get back to." She said and tried to walk past me but I quickly grabbed her arm. She turned to look at me. "Please Hope. Just come back to me. Come home. This isn't you and I know deep down you know that." I see her roll her eyes as she scoffs at me. I hate seeing this side of her. Hope would never treat me this way and it broke my heart that she was treating me this way, as if I was an enemy of hers. "Give up already Jo. I'm not coming back." She said and got out of my grasp. She walked out into the crowd of people and disappeared. I leave the alleyway and jumped onto one of the buildings, trying to see if I could spot her in the crowd of people. Eventually I spot her trying to compel someone else. This new sight is amazing! If I was just my normal witch self, I probably would've never found her easily. I watched her lead the person through the crowd. I say a few words, turning myself invisible, and started following her but stayed as far away as possible, in case she could hear or smell me through my spell.

    After following her for a bit, she walked into a small shack. I could hear party music coming from inside. I sneak towards the shack and look through the window. She had compelled many people to party with her and I knew they weren't just there to party. I need to do this now. The time is just perfect. I sneak inside the shack and then I say a few words again and lift the spell off myself. "Hope!" I yelled, knowing the music was loud but knew she would hear me with her supernatural hearing. I hear a groan from somewhere around the shack and then see her walk through the crowd towards me. "How many times do I have to tell you? Just give up already!" Was I frustrating her? She isn't completely gone. My Hope is in there somewhere. "Please come home Hope. I miss you. We all miss you. I'm going insane without you around." It's almost as I could see pain in her eyes, pain from making me feel this way, but she manages to fight through it. "I'm not coming back." She said and I sighed softly, hoping my plan works. "Well then what's the point anymore? I don't want to be in a life without you in it." I said and start to wiggle my daylight ring off my finger. "You're bluffing." She said but I could see fear in her eyes that I'm serious. I pulled it off and walked towards the door of the shack. I throw my ring at her. "Catch. Maybe this will prove I'm serious." I said and saw her catch the ring, still unsure if I meant it considering I was standing inside the shack. I walk out the door and take a deep sigh before walking into the first spot of sunlight I see. The moment I feel the sun hit my body, it wasn't how it used to feel when I was human. It didn't feel warm and calming like before. Instead I feel an instant burning sensation on my skin. I try to hold back my screams but it was no use. The pain was too overwhelming. I have never felt this kind of pain before. I can feel my skin burning to a point to where I wouldn't have any more if I let it continue. Then suddenly it stops. I didn't even notice I had closed my eyes until I'm opening them to see why the burning had stopped. I see Hope standing in front of me and we weren't by the shack anymore. We were under a bunch of trees to where there was no sunshine shining. Did she just save me? "I can't believe you actually just did that you dumbass." I hear her say. Hope would never call me a dumbass. Maybe an idiot for making a stupid move but never dumbass. It may have been enough to scare her for a moment but not enough to bring her back. Damn it Hope! What is it going to take?