Chapter 13

~Few days later~

Hope's P.O.V.
    It's been a few days since that moment with Josie. I couldn't get her, her lips, or that moment out of my mind. Why couldn't I get her out of my mind? I can't have feelings for her. I'm with Landon and she's with Finch. And I doubt she would ever have a crush on me again. Why am I thinking this way? Why am I thinking as if I have feelings for her and that I'm afraid they wouldn't be returned? But if I didn't have feelings for Josie then why did I want to kiss her beautiful.. perfect.. pink lips.. God Hope! Snap out of it! I can't be thinking these things.

    "Hope!" I get snapped out of my trance and look around the room. My family and everyone else was around me. We were out in the yard, just hanging out and I guess I got lost in my own mind. "What's going on?" "Are you okay Hope? We've all been calling you and you wouldn't answer." My uncle says and I look at everyone who seemed concerned, minus Finch and Landon, I couldn't exactly tell for sure if he was concerned or pretending. "I'm sorry. I guess I was out of it. Lost in thought." My eyes shift to Josie and I can see she looked concerned as well. "Are you sure, you're okay? Do you want to talk about it?" Dr. Saltzman asked and I nodded my head. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm just going to go for a run to try and clear my head." I knew that if I talked to anyone about what has been on my mine, it most definitely wouldn't be Dr. Saltzman. If I talked to anyone, it'd be one of my aunts or possibly my uncle, but this subject was more of an aunt thing.

    I get up and start running, using my vampire speed. I needed to get somewhere where I could transform, without being around everyone because that would definitely be awkward. Once I was out of sight of anyone, I stripped of my clothes, left them to the side and transformed so I could feel the wind in my fur. Why couldn't I stop thinking about Josie and her lips? I wanted to kiss those lips so badly. I thought my feelings for her had gone away, years ago, but maybe they're back or maybe I'm just confused because she is always there for me. I just can't get her out of my mind.

Kol's P.O.V.
    Hope has been off lately. I hate seeing my little niece this way. I wonder what has been going through her mind. I know what might help her get her mind off of everything for a bit. Once she was out of sight, I turned to everyone else and smirked slightly. "I think we need to do something to get Hope's mind off of, whatever it is she's thinking of, for at least a night." I said and everyone looked at me, probably wondering what I had in mind. "We need to have an old fashioned Mikaelson ball." I see some of their faces light up, especially Lizzie's, but Josie didn't seem too excited. I wonder why that is exactly. "Yeah, maybe it will get her mind off of things for a bit. Plus we haven't had one in a long time." Rebekah spoke up. "A Mikaelson party? This is going to be amazing! I have to go shopping before the party." Lizzie said and I chuckled softly. "I knew I liked her for some reason." "Is this really a good idea?" I hear Josie speak up. "It hopefully will get her mind off of things and we both know she needs to. Plus it'll be fun and Hope needs to have fun." Lizzie explained to her sister and a lot of us agreed but Josie still seemed unsure. "Well let's get started planning."

Josie's P.O.V.
    A Mikaelson party to distract Hope from things on her mind? It didn't seen like a good idea. I knew Hope was never much of a party person. Not only that but this would probably be her first Mikaelson party without her parents around and it'd probably bring back memories and upset her. Everyone seemed to think it would help but I'm not so sure. It's not like I can stop them though. It's their house, they can do whatever they want. "Hey Jo?" I hear Finch's voice, taking me out of my thoughts. "Uh yeah?" I asked, curious on what she would say. Hopefully it's not to start another fight. "So will you be my date to this thing?" She asked and I smiled softly at her. "Of course I will." I said. Honestly I didn't want to go, but if Hope was going to be basically dragged to it, then I had to be there to watch over her. I didn't want her being upset over everything. I can keep my eye on her and make sure she doesn't lose it. But at the same time, why did I want to see Hope in a fancy type dress so badly? When I thought of that, my mind instantly went back to that night. We were so close. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I remember wanting to kiss her beautiful..plump..perfect lips. Stop it Josie! You have a girlfriend.. so why am I thinking of Hope this way?