Chapter 25

Hope's P.O.V.
    I can't believe my own aunt had a way to track me for so long. I couldn't let them find me again. I can't let Josie bring me back. I want to be free and when she showed up, I instantly felt my emotions fighting to come back but I managed to push them away. I don't want to feel all that pain and guilt again. I've had enough of it. I need to go somewhere where they wouldn't think to look for me. I could use that warehouse as a hideout but I don't want to risk affecting my emotions in any way and since that place had too much that happened, it wasn't a good place. My family pretty much knows all of my secret hide aways so I can't hide there because then they would probably look in those places first. That one place where mom's pack hid wouldn't work either. But, I'm sure there is many other abandoned buildings near the bayou. I'll look around and hopefully find a place.

    I run around New Orleans trying to find a place to use as a hideout so I could have my fun and then have a place to stay, where they can't find me. Eventually I find a small building near the bayou that was abandoned. This will work. Now that I have a place, I need to find some nice looking blood bags to join me in my little shack. I head back into town and since it was always crowded, finding people to feed from would be easy. I find a few people and compel them to follow me with no questions. Walking towards the shack didn't make anyone question anything because we probably just looked like some friends exploring New Orleans. Once we got back to the shack, I compelled most of them to stay quiet and just let what was about to happen, just happen. I compel one person not to scream or move and then sink my teeth into them. The taste of his blood hits my tongue and sends me to a paradise of flavor. As the warm liquid trickles down my throat, I can fill my body give in to the taste. I don't want to stop but I still do so I can use them again as a blood bag. Even if I do have more than one person, I plan on using these certain few for awhile. After I satisfy my hunger, I turn some music on my phone and use a spell so it can be heard louder. I compel everyone to have fun and everyone starts dancing and grinding on each other. I quickly leave the shack to get some alcohol. I grab bottles of many different drinks and then sped my way back to the shack. "Drinks for everyone!" They all cheered and took some drinks and started drinking. This just makes me realize that my emotions even kept me from having fun like this. That's why I never went to Lizzie's many parties. Now I see why she goes to so many of them, or throws so many of them. My emotions just held me back from having fun. I chug a whole bottle and then join in on the dancing, while also draining a bit of everyone's blood as we all danced and drank like our lives depended on it. These people had no choice, they had to follow anything I said. Compelling people is definitely going to be one of my favorite vampire abilities.

Josie's P.O.V.
    After Hope had left, we all headed back to the manor. I can't believe we have lost her. I promise Hope that I will never give up on her. We have to figure where she is and bring her back before she does something she truly will regret. I know that when she turns it back on, she will regret everything she did while it was off. And I don't want her to end up doing something that will make her hurt more than she already is. I hate it when Hope is hurting. I never want her in pain ever again but I know that no one can stop pain from happening. That's life.

    I feel someone's arms around me and I look to see mom holding me. I guess she could see how I was feeling. "It'll be okay sweetie. We can save her. We saved your aunt Elena when she turned it off. They saved me when I turned it off. We just have to figure out a way to help Hope." I sighed softly. "I know we will. I hate that she's going through this. The pain must be overwhelming for someone to push them to do this. To never feel anything ever again? I never want to do that." "I never wanted to either Jo but when you're in the moment of overwhelmingly pain, it's all you can think of. All you want is for it to go away and that's exactly what Hope wanted. That girl maybe strong and brave but she's been through so much that no one should ever have to go through. Adding the whole heightened emotions, just makes it worse." I knew she has been through this before but I've never felt this much before. These heightened emotions were definitely a blessing but also a burden. It's a blessing because I can love Hope, my family, and my friends way more than I ever thought was possible. But it's also a burden because it makes pain and guilt unbearable. I haven't been a heretic for long but I've already felt so much more than I had before when I was just a witch. But even though I can feel more than ever before, I know that I can never know how Hope feels. But that won't change that I will be there for her through it all. "I miss her." I said and felt tears in my eyes. I feel mom pull me into her chest. "I know honey. We will find her." I was about to have her and then I lose her. Is this fate telling us that we shouldn't be together? Even if it is, I don't care. Elena and Damon went against fate. Elena was supposed to be with a doppelganger like her but she went against fate to be with Damon and now they're happily married with their own kids. Screw what fate wants. I want Hope and I'm not going to stop fighting until we can be happy together. I will find Hope, even if it means running around town and checking every nook and cranny until I find her.

    Hours have gone by and we continue trying to track Hope but no use. She doesn't want to be found. And even if we do, we don't have an idea to bring her back. I know how they brought Elena back so maybe we can do something like that. If Hope sees someone she cares about dying, then she should definitely turn it back on. But if we try it with any of her family, they'll either actually die or she'll know they aren't actually dead. Her aunt and uncle are originals so she knows that a normal wooden stake wouldn't kill them, it would just basically put them to sleep. And her other aunt would actually die because she's just a witch. Unless we can find a way to make it look like she's dead. Me? Well if I get staked I die so that wouldn't work. We need an idea, but what?

Hope's P.O.V.
    Eventually the party died down a bit, but the people couldn't leave because they were still compelled to stay. "Hey this party has gotten a bit old so why don't we spice it up a bit?" One of the girls said and held up an empty bottle. Clearly she meant spin the bottle, making me smirk slightly. We all sit around in a circle and start playing. After a few people kissed, which lasted a bit longer than it should've, the bottle landed on me and I look to the guy who had spun it. I smirk and move closer to him. I grab him by the collar of his shirt and start to lean in. Right when my lips were close enough to graze his, I pulled away and decided to feed from him instead. Why the hell couldn't I kiss him? I don't give a damn about anything so why did I stop myself? Does Josie really have this much of an effect on me? Even if my humanity is off, I still couldn't make myself kiss the guy. The person I think of whenever I feel like kissing someone, is always her! Damn it! It's like she lives in my head and it's stopping me from having fun. I need to stay away from her. Maybe the longer I'm away from Josie, the less I will think about her. I finish feeding from the guy and run out the shack. I jump up onto the roof and sat down. I can hear them continue to play as if I never existed to them. Why must one girl have so much effect on me? I can't let her get to me. I will never admit it but she did make me feel something before. I can't let that happen again because then my humanity might switch back on. I want to continue to be free and never feel anything ever again. I could always leave New Orleans but at the same time, there is so many people to feed from. And every day there is usually someone new to New Orleans as well. But is there another reason why I can't leave? It's her isn't it? Can I not leave because for some reason, Josie has some kind of hold on me? Damn it! I can think about leaving but I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to actually leave. Josie Saltzman, what have you done to me?

Author; So I know this is shorter than my last few chapters but I thought it's been too long since I've updated the story. I'm sorry it's been so long. I'll try to update again sooner than before. I hope you all enjoy! I'm honestly really excited to start my new story but I want to finish this one first. Hopefully soon I will start new story. Enjoy!