Chapter 11

Hope's P.O.V.
    It's been days, maybe even a whole week since my lessons had started. My uncle says I'm doing well but it still feels pretty much the same to me. Which maybe proof that I'm just distracting myself from something that I don't want to admit. I guess I am getting a bit better with the control. Everyone has been so supportive and even would leave when I'm doing a lesson so I don't lose it with them around. Although Lizzie, Josie, and Landon have stayed at the house through some of them, mostly Josie though. Landon has been wanting to stay by me for all of them, to be supportive but knows I need my space as well. Another thing is.. Landon has been acting weird. He's here but not at the same time it feels like he's not all here. Like we could be talking and he would just space out. Maybe he's able to see something has changed between us? I'm not sure but I am keeping my eye on him.

    It was another day for a lesson and everyone went out into town to give me my space, except Josie and Landon. I didn't mind them staying, just as long as they kept their distance. I knew Lizzie would probably show up eventually because she would most likely get tired of her father and come back. I would allow them all to stay but my uncle believes it's best if it just sticks to a couple of them, which is probably a good idea. I was ready for my lesson. Josie, Landon, and the rest of my family sat nearby for support but kept their distance. "Alright Hope for our next lesson, I'm sure you won't like it, but it will help." I hear my uncle say and instantly I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. "What is it uncle Kol?" By the look on his face, he doesn't want to upset me but knows it probably will upset me. "I promise it'll help and we will all be here to stop you, if we need to." I don't like where this is going. "You need to feed from a person." I was right to have a bad feeling. "No, no, no, no!" I said and suddenly feel my anger over take me. "But Hope, it'll help with the control. Feeding from something still living that isn't an animal, will help." "I'm not hurting anyone." I start to walk off but both of my aunts stand in front of me to stop me. "Your uncle is right Hope. It will help and we are all here to stop you if you go too far." I sighed softly. I knew they were right but I still didn't like the idea. "We just need to find you someone to feed on. We can order food and whoever delivers it, can work." I look back at my uncle and give him a glare for making it seem like the human I feed from is just an experiment. "How about you feed from me?" My heart dropped when I hear that response. I turn around and see Josie standing up and walking towards me. "No! Hell no! That is not happening! I am not feeding from you Jo." I get so upset that she even suggested it. I never want to hurt Josie in anyway. "It'll be okay Hope. I trust you." "It would be better if it's someone you know because then your feelings would help you stop from killing them." I turn my head to my uncle and shake my head. "No! It's off the table, I am not feeding from Josie! And don't even think about it Landon." I said, looking towards Landon, knowing he would step in as well. "Come on Hope. It'll be okay. They will stop you if you go too far." I feel Josie grab my hands. "I trust you." I hated this idea but my uncle was right and I knew they all wouldn't give it up until we went through with it. "I don't like this one bit." "If it helps you, then I'm willing to step in." "Step in for what?" I hear Lizzie's voice speak up and I turn to her. I knew she would be on my side about this. "Your sister has offered to let me feed from her for my lesson." I instantly see Lizzie get upset. "Like hell you're feeding from Josie." "Thank you!" I said and Josie rolled her eyes. "Sorry Lizzie but you have no say in this. I'm helping Hope whether you like it or not." Josie won't stop, will she? "Jo, I'm with Lizzie on this. I'm not feeding from you." "It'll help you Hope and I trust you." "Come on little one." I hear my uncle say. I know Lizzie hates the idea as much as I do but I can tell she knew it would help me as well. "You all won't stop until I agree will you?" I asked and they shook their heads with a small smile on their faces. I sighed softly. "Alright fine but you better stop me if I go too far. And Jo, even if you have to stake me to stop me, just do it." I say but Josie shakes her head. "No I'm not doing that. I trust you to stop without having to do that. I would never stake you." It's almost as if I hurt her feelings by saying that. "Dad isn't going to like this." "Then he won't find out." I hear Josie and Lizzie go back and forth about it until they stopped. "Alright, let's get this over with." I still hate this idea but I do know none of them will shut up about it until I agreed to do it.