Chapter 18

Hope's P.O.V.
    I followed close behind him, throughout town and into a forest. It took a lot to keep myself from just attacking Malivore. If I did attack him, who knows what he would do to Josie. When we got to where he was holding Josie captive, I noticed it was an old warehouse. A place where it looks like it hasn't been touched in years. "Where is she?" I asked and he looked at me. "Right this way." He said and lead me throughout the warehouse. Eventually we made it to a room with a locked door. He opened it and when he did, I saw Josie on the other side. I was so happy to see her, safe and sound. I run to her and pull her into my arms, hugging her tightly. "Josie! I am so happy to see you." "H-Hope? What are you doing here?!" "I came to save you." "Hope, you shouldn't have come. Malivore wants you, he was just using me for bait." I pull back to look Josie in the eyes. She was worried about me, I could tell. I grab a hold of her hands and checked to make sure I didn't see any wounds or anything that Malivore could've caused. "I know Jo but I'd rather him have me then for him to have you. I don't want you getting hurt because of me." "But I don't want you getting hurt. He wants you gone Hope!" "Jo, I kn-" "Alright, that's enough!" I hear Malivore speak up and use some kind of magic to push Josie away from me. First I made sure he didn't just hurt Josie before I turned towards Malivore. "Let her go! You have me, now let her go!" I said, getting pissed at him again, wondering why he would just bring me to her like this and not explain. "I will make a deal with you." "What is it?" I asked, knowing it wouldn't be good but if it kept Josie safe, then I would do it without hesitation. "Oh it's just something simple. Your life for hers." When I heard that, my heart dropped. He wants to kill me, I knew he did but I didn't think he would go this far and make it to where it meant if I chose to live, Josie would take my place and I wasn't going to let that happen. "Hope, no! Don't do this please!" I hear Josie yell and heard her feet moving towards me but Malivore stopped her from getting any closer. "Deal, but I have some conditions." "What would that be?" "One, leave everyone else alone. Once I'm dead, you leave my friends and family alone for good, especially my family because they should've never been brought into this but because of me, they are. Two, you let Kaleb and anyone else you may have taken as a minion go, because I know good and well that you probably have more minions, even if they aren't from our group. Just let them go." "Is that all?" He asked, sounding annoyed at my conditions. "No, I want you to let Landon go. Find another vessel and let him live his life. And lastly, let Josie go before you do anything to me so she doesn't see and let me say goodbye to her, in private." He looked like he was thinking. "Deal." That's it? That simple? I knew he probably wouldn't keep all of those a promise but as long as Josie got to leave and be safe and everyone else, then that's what mattered. "I will let you say goodbye but you have to stay in this room so you don't try anything." He said and left the room, shutting the door behind him. I'm sure he locked it so we couldn't make a run for it. "Hope, what the hell are you thinking?!" Is she mad at me? Of course she is. I just agreed to let Malivore have me to save her. "I'm not going to let him hurt you. You get to go home and be safe and happy." That's all I want for her is to be safe and happy in life. "Happy? How am I supposed to be happy when you're not there?!" Did she just? Is she saying that she needs me to be happy? There's no way. "Y-you'll get through it eventually and be happy again." "I don't think I could ever be happy in a life without you.. a life without Hope Mikaelson, I don't even want to think about it." I could feel and hear my heart racing all of a sudden. Josie always managed to do that somehow. "Jo, it's final. I'm doing this so you can live." "I can't let you do this Hope." "I'm sorry Jo. It's already decided. So when you get back, tell everyone I'm sorry and that I love them. And please tell my family that I hope they're proud of me, that I love them and that I will tell mom, dad, and uncle Elijah, they said hi." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. This was it. This was the end of everything for me. As long as I got to say goodbye to Josie, I would be fine. "No, I'm not going to because you're going home to see them again." "Alright! I think you two have had enough. Let's get this show on the road." I hear Malivore, speak up before I could respond to Josie. I then hear the door open and turned to look at him. "Let's get this over with."