Chapter 19

Lizzie's P.O.V.
    We eventually made it to where Hope was last located. They have to be somewhere near here. I just hope we're not too late. After a bit of searching, I see someone running towards us. "Lizzie!" I hear Finch's voice. Her tone did not sit well with me. It gave me a bad feeling, the way she yelled at me. "Finch? Where the hell have you been?" Was she with us the whole time? Did she disappear and we didn't realize? I guess we were all distracted by trying to save Josie and now Hope. "Josie, she.." I couldn't tell if she was struggling to speak because she was out of breath or because of another reason. "Spit it out!" "Just follow me!" She said and we all started following behind her.

    As we get closer, I can see a warehouse in the distance. Is that where they are? Before we could even get close enough, we all stop seeing someone coming. Once they're in view, I can tell it's Hope. But what I notice next, is what kills me. "Josie?!" I yelled and ran towards Hope, who was carrying my twin in her arms. Hope had bruises and scratches all over her and her whole body was shaking. She was so weak, how did she manage to carry Josie? Dad runs up next to me and we both start crying and looking Josie over. I notice a wound in her abdomen and her blood all over her and now Hope, since Hope was carrying her. "What the hell happened?!" Dad asked and Hope looked at us. She had been crying and looked like she still was. "S-she saved me. I was about to get staked but Josie jumped in front of me and took it. The hospital was out of the question because of the too many questions and then moving her would just hurt her more, so I probably wouldn't have made it in time." She explained. I could tell she was trying to stay strong but it was killing her on the inside. If Hope really did have feelings for my sister, then I know it was hitting her hard. "S-so she's just gone? Just like that?! You didn't even try Hope?!" I yelled, pissed off that she let my sister die. "She'll be okay. Now if you all would just move out of my way, I need to get her home so she can be comfortable!" We didn't move. We needed more answers. Plus, Hope probably wouldn't make it all the way home. She was too weak and carrying Josie added onto it. "W-what do you mean she's going to be okay?" I asked, but could already guess what she meant. Did Hope actually do it? "Are you saying, that you turned my daughter?!" Why is dad upset? If she did that meant Josie would be okay. I guess the same reason I would have if it wasn't the last choice, because we never want Josie or anyone to have to deal with the burden of becoming a vampire. I hated the thought but I wasn't upset because it meant my sister would be coming back to us. "Get the hell out of my way! I don't have time for your questions, I'm trying to get her home!" Hope yelled back at my dad. The others didn't know how to react, they just stood back and watched. Anyone could see how hard this was hitting Hope, but only a few of us knew it was more than the hurt she got when losing someone again. Some of us knew it was deeper than that, since it was Josie. "Now she's going to go through something I never wanted for my girls!" I get why he's upset but he needs to stop before Hope does something to him. "You think I wanted this for her?! Of course I didn't, damn it! I hesitated to do it! It was her only chance! She begged me and not only that but I knew I didn't want to lose her, that none of us wanted to lose her! So I did it! So how about you back off because I just saved your daughter's life!" This time dad backed off. He knew Hope was right, we all did. "Now can we go home and let her be comfortable for when she wakes up?!" "Yeah let's go but hand her over." Dad stepped in, offering to carry Josie. "No, I've got her." "Hope, you're too weak to continue carrying her." I stepped in, not wanting her to collapse on the way there. "No, I'll be fine." She said and tried to walk past us and I could see her legs shaking. "Hope!" We yelled at her and she stopped. "Fine, but don't you dare drop her." She said, glaring at my dad. I think Hope's got it bad for my sister. She doesn't want dad to drop her, even if she wouldn't feel it right now. He nodded his head at her and gently took Josie from Hope and we started to head back to the house, pretty much in silence.

Hope's P.O.V.
    As we started to head back, I made sure to stay close to Josie, as well as I could with her being in Dr. Saltzman's arms and all. My legs were wobbly and every step I took, I felt like I would fall over. Malivore made me really weak by torturing me. Not long after we started walking, I felt someone lift me up. I turn to see my uncle looking at me. "Uncle Kol, let me go. I can walk fine." "Not happening little niece. You're too weak to walk so I'm carrying you." He said and I rolled my eyes. I knew he was right. Throughout the entire time it took us to walk home, I kept my eyes on Josie. I hated that she had to go through this but I was glad that I would still get to have her in my life. I can't lose her. I never want to feel what I felt back there again. She literally died in my arms. Just the thought of it, hurt and I felt tears falling again. I hid my face in my uncle's chest and he held me close. "It'll be okay." He said as quietly as he could, but I could still hear him. I guess he knew I wouldn't want anyone to notice that I was crying again. I hated how my emotions were heightened. It was like I couldn't control them anymore. And seeing Josie this way or how she looked earlier when she was dying in my arms, hit me hard. It hurt me, but knowing that she was going to be okay, was helping me get through that.