Chapter 17

Josie's P.O.V.
    I start to wake up. Damn do I had a headache. What the hell happened last night? My eyes flutter open and I'm not in the bed at Hope's house. Where the hell am I? I get up and walk to the door. I try opening it but no use. It's locked. What was the last thing I remember? I know I had a date with Finch and was heading to bed. Then everything went dark. Someone must've done something to me and brought me here. Malivore has to be that someone. Or at least one of his monsters again. I touch the wall and try to siphon the door open but it just backfired and the magic I used, hit me instead. I feel it knock me off my feet. "Damn it." I blurted out and stood up, rubbing my head. "Your magic won't work. I made sure to do my own bit of magic to make your room immune to your magic." I hear a voice coming from the other side of the door. I knew that voice all too well. It was Landon's voice but I knew good and well that it was Malivore speaking. "I'm surprised you didn't send one of your monsters after me." I said and walked to the door, looking through the little window on the door, seeing him standing there with a smirk on his face. "I decided to do the job myself." "You're not going to get away with this." "Now where have I heard that before?" He said, sounding cocky. "What do you even want from me anyways?" I had a feeling he had more up his sleeve but why me? Why did he kidnap me? "I have my reasons. Ones you don't need to know at this moment in time. So how about you be a good little witch and keep quiet. I have bigger fish to fry." That was the last thing he said before he disappeared. I knew he meant Hope. I'm not sure what his plan is but I knew I didn't like it one bit because it meant he was trying to kill Hope like before. I can't lose her. I-I mean we can't lose her! Damn it, what am I going to do to help with being stuck in here?! I can't let him get to Hope. Just please stay away Hope. Don't take this trap. Please don't come looking for me, I need you to be safe.

Hope's P.O.V.
    I wake up and decided to just lay in bed for a bit longer. I didn't get much sleep last night. I haven't gotten much sleep since Malivore came back and ever since I couldn't stop thinking about Josie. Why can't I just have one day where I'm not worried about fighting something or my feelings taking over me?! Maybe I'll just lay here all day. There's nothing going on at the moment so what will it hurt? Besides I need all my strength to fight Malivore. I started to doze off again from exhaustion until I hear my door swing wide open. "What the hell?!" I said, sitting up and seeing Lizzie, Alaric, and the others standing at my door. Of course Lizzie was the one to bust down my door but then why is everyone else here? "Hope, I think someone is trying to reach you." Lizzie said and walked in, giving me an envelope. "You didn't open it?" It seemed like a Lizzie thing to do. "No, daddy wouldn't let me. But we assume, it's from Malivore, considering since everyone you pretty much know is already here." I looked at the envelope with my name written on it. It had Landon's handwriting which meant only one thing. Even though Malivore was in control, it was still Landon's body so it was his hands who wrote this. "It's definitely from him. This is Landon's handwriting." I said and looked up at everyone. What could he have possibly written me? I hesitate to open the envelope but eventually I do. I pull a note out and read it to myself. 'Hello tribrid. I'm sure you're wondering why I wrote this little note. Well I had to find some way to let you know what I've done without you attacking me. I'll give you a little hint.. someone in your little friend group isn't there, is she?' It read. My heart dropped, reading that. I look up and notice, someone is missing. I get up and walk towards my door. "Hope, what does it say?" I hear Alaric ask me and stopped me from walking out. "Get out of my way." I said, and ended up growling at him. My wolf side was showing and I'm pretty sure the vampire side was too. He didn't hesitate to move. He knew if he didn't, I would make him move myself. I use my speed to run around the house to look in every room possible, including in the back and the front of the house. No where to be found. Next I rushed back to my room and grabbed my phone. I dialed her number and it went straight to voicemail. I tried more while everyone was asking me what was going on and every time, it went to voicemail. This can't be happening. I'm not going to lose her. "Damn it!" "Hope, what is going on?!" Lizzie spoke up and I looked at her and everyone else. "Lizzie, when you woke up this morning.. Was Josie in bed?" I asked her, wanting to see if she would realize it. "No but I'm sure she just went for a walk or som-" She stopped talking. "Wait.. what the hell does that note say?" I knew she would come to the conclusion if I pushed a bit. "He's got Josie, but don't worry. I'm going to find him, save her, and kick his ass for even laying a finger on her." Alaric's face shifted from confusion to worry. "Hope we need to figure out a plan first." I knew that even if his daughter was in trouble, he would try and be reasonable to keep everyone safe. "The plan is for me to find him and make him suffer for kidnapping Josie." I could feel my anger rising in me. I have to get to her and save her before he does anything to her, if he hasn't already. He is going to pay for this. "And what get yourself killed?" He spoke up again and it just made me even more pissed off. "If that's what I have to do to save her, then I will. And I can't believe you're not trying to do the same to save your own daughter." I couldn't take his reasoning anymore. Before he could say anything, I left to find my aunt to ask her if I could use her map to find Josie.