Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Thoughts of Miyako were swirling around my head. Making me feel off balance. Blurred vision. Motion sick. I am I going to die because I am the vampire slayer that fell in love with a vampire? It certainly feels that way.

I stumbled my way out the stairs but about half way up, I collapsed. Unable to move I just sat there. Miyako really is going to kill me. Indirectly but she will still do it. My eyelids became heavy and I could not keep them open. Instead of fighting it I just let them close. I guess this is just the end.

I lost consciousness….

***

“Hunter....”

“Hunter,”

“Hunter!”

I felt someone pull on my arm. I'm not dead. My senses slowly started to come back. I smelt the sweet perfume of Natasha's scent. It was her.

I opened my eyes to see her looking down at me with a worried look on her face. Her slender hands were wrapped around my arm and pulling on it.

“Hunter? Are you awake?” She asked me.

“I think so....” my voice sounded weak.

“We've got to be quiet. Miyako's parents are here, come on get up we've got to hide just in case,” She whispered.

“Wha-,” I started to say but she put her hand over my mouth and tried to pull me up. Obviously I was too heavy for her hollow bones and small frame to handle. I tried to get up myself but I felt like I hadn't eaten in weeks. Slowly I let Natasha lead me into a room and I sat down on a couch. She silently closed the door then sat down beside me.

“Why were you on the ground?” She asked.

“I really don't want to talk about it....” I muttered truthfully.

There was a long silence and I could feel her gaze upon me. Great now she's worried about me. I can't tell her the truth but she'll know if I lie to her.

“Don't worry about it Natasha, it doesn't matter,” I told her.

“Is it because you were around Miyako? Do vampires affect you that strongly?” She probed further.

“.... Maybe I'm not really sure what did it,” I said hoping she wouldn't pick up on the lie. It's kind of true though. I thought I'd die not just pass out.

“Maybe you should stay away from Miyako, I don't want you to be hurt,” she suggested.

“She lives here I can't just avoid her. Koneko would murder me. Just don't worry about it. I'm going to be fine ok,” I told her. I'm not even sure of that myself I just hope I'm right.

You can come back in now I heard Koneko's voice say in my mind.

I heard Natasha sigh “Let's see what Koneko has done now.”

She stood up and walked across the room. I stood up still feeling a bit weak and followed her. She walked into the entrance where everyone else was standing. We joined the others trying to make it looked like we were outside too.