Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Anyway she started her whole vampire world thing, which meant the vampires taking over the world.... and they came to my town...." I looked sadly at the ground remembering that awful time....

.... My uncle Zhi Jing had just left the mansion as he was to go into hiding. He would often stay there as he had nowhere else to really go. My mother explained to me that in the past he had been exiled from our family. She explained that at the time she fought to keep Zhi within the family and because of that we now live so far away from them. Zhi was homosexual and a pureblood vampire slayer so naturally he was expected to have pureblood children to continue the bloodline but he refused. Being the firstborn son of my grandparents he was labeled a disgrace and wiped from any record of the family. My mother resents her family for that and aids Zhi whenever she can. Because of this my siblings and I had become quite close with him, he taught me the basics of English which I enjoyed learning. He was different to any other vampire slayer I had ever met because he didn't hate vampires. I secretly admired him for that because I believed killing vampires was a little cruel.

That aside Zhi had left, and we knew we would not have contact with him for a very long time, my family and I were watching him on his unicorn ride into the distance when we all felt it. Coming from the opposite direction, vampires. A few months prior to this vampires had taken over the world, however we easily had managed to keep our village safe as we were purebloods. We were unable to communicate with the outside world, only a few heavily monitored telephone lines survived, so we had waited in our valley for this day, when they would come to kill us. Still this was more than we had ever had come. I still remember the horrified look on my mother's face to this day. My father commanded me to hide with Chao, while my mother and Xiu ran towards them.

I remember taking Chao into one of my mortal friends' home and tried my best to explain to them the situation but they really couldn't understand how dangerous it really was. The whole village trusted us to protect them for any kind of vampire attack and we felt the need to live up to this expectation. Chao looked so pale, as if he were about to pass out and he clung onto my arm as I tried my best to reassure him everything would be alright; while in my head praying it would be.

Luckily the first wave was easy enough for them to defeat but it wasn't the only one....

"I can kinda guess what happens next," Miyako spoke sadly.

"Yeah well..." I trailed off "At first we could fight them off pretty well but they got harder and harder to fight...."

.... Wave upon wave of them attacked our village, it seemed to be endless. There was just so much killing. I hated the gore and everything about it but I knew I had to protect our village. So that kept me going. Xiu knew I was having a hard time with the gore and tried to help me out by talking and mucking around with me to attempt to take my mind off what would occur during the night, but as the attacks grew heavier we all became exhausted and Xiu was unable to. The only thing we could do during the day was sleep and dread the night which would be full of vampires.....

"...We tried to get help from the vampire hunter society but..." I looked away "they didn't help us and turned us away, jealous of our natural vampire killing abilities. For that I hate them."

... My mother tried to get all the help she could. Using the phone, they was no point in trying to hide the fact we needed help and what more could the vampires do to us. However no one would. Our town was just too small for anyone to bother with. The only person that would offer to help was Zhi. She refused to have him over though. She didn't want to put him in danger.