Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I woke to Koneko mentally telling me that she wanted to train Miyako with her light powers and I was the only one who could teach her. I had forgot that she had light powers but smiled at the fact we had something in common.

I got dressed, slipping my coat on I was reminded that Miyako hated the dark. Why didn't she just use her powers? I guess she doesn't know how. Maybe that's what I should teach her as well as fighting too. I think she really needs to learn to fight.

***

I stood outside waiting for Koneko and Miyako. I leant on a tree, I was really tired from fighting with Victoria and everything that happened last night. I did it all for Miyako. It was so worth it.

"We are here," I heard Koneko say.

"..... which is where?" Miyako asked.

I looked in her direction "hello Miyako."

"Hunter?" she looked a little startled, must be me being a vampire slayer.... it's still scaring her.

"We are going to teach you some stuff!" Koneko yelled.

"What?!!" Miyako looked so confused, so maybe it's not me who shocked her. That's a relief.

"I have light power too," I told her.

"I don't understand," she looked at the ground.

"I'm going to teach you how to use it properly. You'll never have to be in the dark again," I explained.

She turned to Koneko "You're kidding right. You must be so desperate for me to train."

"I don't want you to feel so pathetic all the time," Koneko explained.

"I'm not cut out for fighting...."

"Come on Miyako please just let me teach you some stuff."

Miyako crossed her arms "No."

"Well at least let Hunter teach you how to create light which you can use when it's really dark and you're scared."

She hesitated "Fine."

I stepped toward her "I know how scared you get in the dark so I wanted to help..."

"What really?" She seemed surprised. Obviously she doesn't know how much I actually want to help her. Good thing too.

"So are you able to continuously shoot something with light?"

"Ummmm not very well."

"Ok so what you need to do is soften the intensity of the light and don't shoot it away from yourself puts your hands close together but not touching and shot the light between them so the light bounces back and forth between your hands," I explained while showing her what to do with her hands, it's a pretty simple thing but I don't know how hard it will be for a vampire to do.

"...I don't get it," she said.

Koneko smiled at my and sat down beside a tree. I sighed "Of course you don't....," how can I make this simpler... "ok shoot light at that tree over there but don't burn it, make the light soft."

She shot light from her hands and it hit the tree burning slightly.

"Ok just a little softer, you're doing good though," I told her.

She tried again this time not burning it.

"Good," I smiled at her "now hold up you hands and keep them ten centimeters apart."

She did as I said.

"Now shoot light from both your hands at the same time with the same softness that you hit the tree with and continually do that," I explained. She did as I said once again but was unable to keep it going.