Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Natasha and I sat in a tree. "You know Victoria wants to kill Miyako," I told her.

She looked up at me "Yeah I know."

"I had to hold her back... I'm a vampire slayer..."

"But you're a good vampire slayer. I know you were created for their destruction but there is so much more you can use your powers for Hunter. That doesn't mean you aren't one," she explained.

I smiled at her, or rather in her direction. I wasn't going to look at her in case of an accident, my eyes could shoot light at her accidently and seriously hurt her. And that's the last thing I want to do.

Natasha's face began to screw up. "Why is Koneko going to Andrew's house?"

"Huh?"

Natasha jumped out of the tree, using her flight powers to break her fall "she is at Andrew's house."

I jumped down beside her "I thought that was destroyed."

"It is..." she whispered "well most of it."

Natasha was clearly sensing something wasn't right. I trust her judgement so something must be wrong.

"We should go check on her," I told her "Koneko is a bit delicate at the moment, is anyone with her?"

"No she's alone," Natasha began to walk, very fast.

I followed trying to keep up with her. Natasha may be skin and bones but she's fast. As for Koneko though.... Her alone is not a good sign. She once told me that cats will go hide when they believe they are going to die. Koneko does a similar thing when she is hurt. She goes and hides. She can't afford to be hurt though.

Suddenly in my mind I felt a very painful snap.

"Oww what the hell was that," Natasha and I both stopped running, she looked at me. Her face was filled with horror.

"Koneko's connection just broke..." she was terrified.

"What does that mean?" I asked knowing I was not going to like the answer.

Natasha's voice was so soft "in most cases a complete break means.... death."

"No!" I yelled "It can't be that! There has to be something else she did."

Natasha swallowed hard "let's go find out."

We began to run. Natasha was so fast but I tried my best using all my vampire slayer speed to keep up. Vampires are quite fast so naturally we, their predators are fast. Koneko did something very stupid there. I just know it. She isn't dead, she just was playing with something that Ruby left behind. She is fine.

Even though I was thinking this I couldn't help tears falling from my eyes.

Natasha pretty much flew into the mansion as it came into our vision leaving me to try to catch up. I had no idea where in the mansion Koneko was because even the connection was down and that's what I'd use to locate her. It was also hard to use my ears as I was climbing over piles of debris that was left of Andrew's mansion and panting a lot.

I came to what was left of the living room to find Koneko hovering in the centre of the room with a layer of darkness around her. Her face was screwed up in pain. Natasha being as short as she is, was hovering beside her staring intensely at her.

"She seems to be alive but... I have no idea what is going on," Natasha stated.

Natasha then reached out her hand to touch the darkness. She yelled in pain as soon as her fingers were enveloped. She fell too but I caught her small body with ease.

"I'll try shoot light at her, maybe that will get rid of the darkness. It seems to be hurting her and we can't get to her as long as it's there," I suggested.

"Just not too strong ok?" she said rubbing her hand.

I shoot a little light at Koneko's leg, the darkness temporarily disappeared and Koneko seemed to be in less pain but it just as quickly reformed. So did Koneko's pain.

"I think that worked keep doing that," Natasha encouraged.

I shot more light. And more. And more. It kept reforming as soon as I shot it so I turned up the intensity a bit.

Suddenly the darkness shot out at us and we were covered in it. It stung and burned like acid. Natasha screamed in pain and I gritted my teeth trying to shoot light but the darkness was burning my eyes. I was forced to close them. They're too important to risk. I could feel myself losing consciousness. My legs buckled. Natasha and I hit the floor but her screams had already stopped...

... and....

... my thoughts.....

... faded ....

... away....

I could hear voices faintly. None of them made sense but they were all panicking.

Koneko....

I had to help her. There was still a stinging sensation all over my body and a strange warm one too but i had to get up. I had to do something. I forced my eyes open and stood up. Everything hurt and was fighting against me but I pushed back. I shoot light from my eyes with as much force as I could.

I heard someone utter my name and some others speaking but my ears and everything hurt too much I couldn't concentrate on it. All I had to do was destroy this darkness and save Koneko, nothing else matters.

The darkness began to thin around me and eventually disappeared. As it was all gone I sighed deeply then sank to my knees and closed my irritated eyes. That was not good for them.   

Meow mina,

This chapter was meant to be longer but I realised Hunter really doesn't say much more.... so, sorry! It is super important though. Please tell me what you think Koneko was doing at Andrew's mansion?

Meow for now