Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I quickly got to the basement, it was dark so I shone light out of my eyes. I saw Natasha standing in the middle of the room looking down at something “What is it?” I asked then I looked down at what she was looking at. Miyako lay covered in her own blood and broken glass. Next to her there was a broken mirror. I felt bad instantly for not doing anything but I couldn’t let Natasha know that. “Ewww” I grunted to cover it up.

“She did this to herself,” Natasha told me then knelt down beside Miyako and tried to remove the glass from her body.

“What an idiot,” I growled to hide the fact that I was upset.

Miyako was laying there so helplessly. She looked as if she were dead.

“Don’t say things like that Hunter!” Natasha yelled angrily at me.

“Sorry,” I said softly and picked Miyako up off the ground, careful not to touch her skin. She was so light and limp in my hands. It felt like I wasn’t carrying anything. “Where do you want to take her?” I asked Natasha.

“Just to Itsuki’s room,” She told me.

I stood there….. Where is Itsuki’s room? It never really crossed my mind where a butler’s room would be. I assumed that he would use one of the spare rooms in this house since there are so many.

“Just follow me,” Natasha said and walked off. I followed her, she led me out of the basement and she closed the door behind her. She then led me down a corridor which was dark. My eyes were still shining light so we could see but they were casting strange shadows. When we came to the end of the corridor Natasha opened the door on the right. Inside was a tiny room, Koneko was on the floor and Itsuki was next to her so was Victoria.

Itsuki looked up when we came in and his eyes instantly felt to Miyako, who was still in my arms.

“Is she alright?” Itsuki asked us.

“She will be ok, the cuts aren’t too deep,” Natasha turn her head towards Victoria “Victoria can you heal her?”

Victoria quickly looked away avoiding eye contact “No,” she said quickly.

Itsuki looked at her with an unreadable expression.

“She does not deserve to be healed after she has hurt Koneko so badly,” Victoria said softly. And because you hate vampires and wouldn’t want to help one. I should be thinking the same right now but… I looked down at Miyako. She looks adorable.

She opened her eyes a little “Why is it so bright in here?...”

I made my eyes stop glowing but continued to look down at her.

She looked me in the eye “Hunter…..?”

“Yeah,” I growled trying to sound angry. She looked so cute though, she brown eyes were staring into mine and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks…. Oh no I’m going to blush!

I quickly dropped Miyako on the ground so she couldn’t see me blush.

“You are really heavy,” I lied. Really she is so light.

“I’m sure that’s the reason why you dropped me,” She growled sarcastically glaring up at me.

“Nevermind him, how did you get all those cuts on your hands?” Natasha asked Miyako. It was kind of obvious though with the smashed mirror. I wondered why Natasha would ask such a question when she clearly knows the answer too. It’s not like Miyako would answer it and reveal everything about it. Possibly she is leaning up to it.