Chapter 23

"....Everyone always makes me feel so ashamed to be a vampire," Miyako whispered a few tears rolled down her face.

Shit... I didn't realise she was taking this personally "I'm sorry.... I have made you sad with my story, I'll stop now."

I reached over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She was so small and delicate which made me smile to myself. She hugged me back and buried her face into my shoulder.

"No, you can keep going," she replied "I just can't help but feel sad that I'm a vampire whenever I hear you guys talk about your past."

Poor thing and I guess she is right, so many of us hate vampires, a lot based on the actions of just a few. I am a vampire slayer so it kind of makes sense why I hate them but the others.... She has to put up with some pretty harsh judgement for something she can't control.

"If it makes you feel any better you're the nicest and most beautiful vampire I've ever met," I told her in an attempt to try to cheer her up.

"Thank you...." I heard her muffled whisper from my shoulder.

I blushed "It's just what I think."

"Why are you so sweet to me..."

"Can't help it," I smiled and she clung to me tightly "So should I continue?"

"Yes, sorry for stopping you."

"Koneko and her friends stayed in our town for a while...."

.....The lively myths hung around the village for a few more days. The people were glad to have them as they had saved everyone. I knew straight away Koneko was the leader, and she was a born leader. Although she was ridiculous and playful at times she had very admirable qualities, of being strong and kind. Although there was a language barrier between my family and them we still managed to laugh and have a good time. My sister and I had both learnt a little English for our uncle but our parents and Chao had to point and try to use dictionaries to communicate......

"....I told Koneko my name...."

"My name is Qiang Jun Lo," I told Koneko after the fight, as she was tending to my wounds with plants, in the most Chinese accent ever.....

"....she tried to pronounce it.... "

..... Koneko's attempt at saying my first name was completely off, she got my last name though

"You know what your new name is Hunter," she smiled at me as she told me.

"Hunter?" I was so confused.

"Yes you are Hunter. Your name is Hunter," She explained.

Lets just say it took a long time for me to understand what she was saying and leave it at that.....

"....but failed terribly so she just called me Hunter. It took me a little while to work out what that word meant since my English wasn't the best back then but yeah," I smiled at Miyako.

"Interesting," she looked up at me "My first language has always been English but I can speak Italian and a bit of Japanese and Korean. I don't know why those languages but one day I just started teaching them to myself. You should try teaching me Chinese sometime."

"Yeah maybe...." I trailed off "I don't really like to speak it that much anymore though...."

"I guess that's because nobody else could understand you when you were speaking Chinese?"