Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I couldn’t sleep.

After Miyako had told me good night I went off to find a bedroom, which was easy enough. There were lots of rooms in the mansion. I lay down on the bed and tried to get to sleep and now hours later I am still awake.

My mind was wandering. I couldn’t stop thinking about Miyako. It was insane and I seriously think that there is something wrong with me. I’ve never even been the type of guys who likes to flirt with girls all the time. Yet it seems I am developing feelings for Miyako after barely knowing her. This is crazy. I can’t like her. Even being friends with a vampire is extremely forbidden for my kind. If other vampire slayers found out about this I would be shunned by them. Lucky for me I have left them. I guess I’m not quite a normal vampire slayer but I’m not that weird to love a vampire or even to befriend one. If I were to love one I don’t even think I’d be able to call myself a vampire slayer at all.

I looked over at the clock, it was three in the morning. I hadn’t slept at all. I sat up and sighed loudly. Why has Miyako’s kiss affected me this much? I just need to brush it off. She barely even remembers it and she was drunk. It didn’t mean anything.

I lay back down and closed my eyes.

I forced myself to think about Natasha….

… Her cute and kind smile on her dark purple lips. That made me smile in my sleep.

Suddenly Natasha changed into Miyako and our surrounding changed to water and Miyako was sinking down further and further. It upset me to see her there. She looked so helpless and yet she wasn’t fighting the water she was letting it take her down. It was like she wanted to die, she wanted the water to take her life … and I was there watching. If I saved her does that mean I really do have feelings for her. It shows that I at least care for her.

I should just let her sink. Let her take her own life. It’s what she wants. That makes me a heartless killer, one that doesn’t care for vampires at all. A vampire slayer.

I watched her sink further and further down. She became so far from me I could barely see her. I moved closer to her just to see if she was alive, curiosity got the best of me. There she was in the water, her long hair spread out all around her, covering her face. I reached out and pulled it away from her face. What I saw upset me greatly.

Her eyes. They were dull and had lost all their life.

I felt myself start to cry but it didn’t matter, no one could see my tears. I was underwater. I grabbed onto her and held her tightly. She was cold and limp in my arms. I bit my lip and swam upward. I had to get to the surface of the water.

Finally my fingers reached it. They broke the surface and my head lifted out of the water. I was at a lake, in the forest. I swam towards the bank of the lake and pulled Miyako onto it then climbed out after her. She lay there still as stone. Her skin was cold and her lips were blue. I ran my fingers through her long dark brown hair and looked into her eyes.

She was dead.

I felt hot tears roll down my face. Now everyone could see that I was crying over a vampire… but no one was there. No one could see that I was crying, that I cared for a vampire….

… I sat up suddenly, awake. It was only a dream. I was covered in cold sweat and there were tears on my face. I was so confused but there was one thing I did know, it was that I could never let Miyako die.