Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A little while later Natasha told me through our mental connection that Miyako had been found. I stopped running and sat down on a fallen tree to catch my breath, I had been running around like crazy. There was no much point though. I couldn't pick her scent no matter where I was. It's very suspicious but I guess it's really none of my business.

Miyako doesn't really like me so she won't tell me her secrets.

I let out a deep sigh.

I wish she would. I know a lot about Natasha.... Spending a lot of time with her helps. I don't know much about Miyako. I don't even know why I like her so much. She is just.... beautiful and cute. Her personality is so cute. She is kind of like a rabbit. What animal would I be.... maybe a dog they eat rabbits. Koneko says I would be a panda for obvious reasons. I think I'm more like a bat or at least my coat is. I was born in the year of the dog so maybe I am one.

I got up realising I wasn't that tired anymore and I started to walk back to the mansion. Maybe Koneko would tell me about what had gone on.

***

As soon as I sat down in my room Natasha walked in.

"Hunter, what did you say to her while you were in that closet?" She asked dangerously calm.

"It was really awkward..." I told her and took off my coat.

"Hmmm is that all?" She asked.

"What do you think I made her do this?" I turned around and glared at her.

She stood in the doorway and glared back at me, her purple eyes glittering slightly. I looked away. So cute.

"You might have had something to do with it," she snapped at me.

"Why don't you go ask John? I couldn't pick up any traces of her. You know what that means right?" I looked at her straight in the eye "Magic. And what is John? A wizard. connect the dots Natasha."

I had never really argued with Natasha before. I always just went along with what she said because she was really cute and very smart. I was shaking with anger. As if I would hurt her. Just because I'm a vampire slayer. She of all people should have noticed I don't want to kill her anymore. Koneko and Victoria are werecats, they were created to kill vampires too, I'm not the only danger.

"Yeah... I think there is something suspicious going on there too..." She whispered.

"Why did you come in here accusing me if you didn't even think it was me?" I asked.

"Because.... I wanted to see your reaction," she said simply and left my room.

I was still shaking a little bit so I sat down on the bed. That was weird.... I just fought with Natasha.

Suddenly I felt pain coming from my connection with Koneko and heard a scream.This is not good.

The darkness in her soul is taking over... I should help. I stood up.

Victoria's voice came through in my head

Stay away from Koneko, I will fix this you don't come near her.

I sat back down. Victoria can fix this, she has strong magic in her. I guess there was really nothing I could do for her. I can't heal souls, I'm a vampire slayer and vampires don't even have souls. My myth has nothing to do with them.

More pain came from her connection. I couldn't stand this. It was awful, I hid under the blankets. If I sleep maybe that might block it out.