Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Soon after waking up Miyako promised she wouldn't kill herself. Little did we know what was going to transpire that day.

Looking back on it I should have seen it coming.... Or Natasha should have seen it coming, she's the smart one. But neither of us predicted it or maybe we did we were just afraid to admit it. When you're left alone to think about the future your mind can't help but to imagine all kinds of gruesome and sinister possibilities, no one ever wants to acknowledge them. They are still possible though, just sitting there in the darkest part of your mind.

Koneko was completely out of control she was barely herself and it hurt to watch but I refused to give up on her. She meant so much to me as she had saved my life countless times. I would be nothing without her. When you have someone that means that much to you, in your mind they seem eternal and immortal. Koneko being a werecat she will live forever but.... she can be killed.... and..... she therefore won't and can't live forever....

Victoria's mental message stung me like a snake bite.

Koneko has chosen to die

I looked over at Natasha, already tears rolling down my face.

"This can't be real can it?" I asked

She burst into tears but said nothing. I hugged her holding her tight feeling the wetness of her tears soak through my coat and we stood there listening to each other's sobs.

"We better go see her one last ...t-time," Natasha's voice was trembling in sadness and fear. Koneko was too strong, she wasn't capable of death...... that Koneko seemed to only exist in our minds.

We walked down the stairs into the living room where everyone stood crowded around a dying werecat in full armour. I could tell she barely had the strength to move her arms and I felt so helpless. No. We all felt helpless. I know that everyone in the room Koneko had effected and changed the lives of. Now we are watching impotent, as she dies before us.

"This is what I was afraid of. My parents made it clear that if I went with you they would not take me back.....but don't doubt yourself, you were the greatest mother ever," Miyako said through sobs.

"Miyako you know we are here," I told her.

"We won't leave you," Natasha said, she still had her arm around me from the hug.

"Thank you so much."

Devil walked in and sat beside Koneko. From what I had heard Koneko and Devil had been friends since Koneko joined the Hotel. In fact I believe Devil found Koneko and brought her to the hotel.

"Hey come on, don't die," Devil looked Koneko right in the eye.

"I have to..." Came Koneko's weak response.

"Koneko...." Devil said sadly.... I've never really heard her sound sad. This is really breaking my heart. It's too much.

Koneko looked up at Xaver then at Devil "You two can fight each other as much as you want now."

"I'd rather have you alive than fight..." Devil told her sadly.

There was a pause, I looked at Itsuki and he wasn't even crying. I don't understand him. I thought he loved Koneko. I guess not that much.

"Itsuki can you please hold me?" Koneko asked weakly and Itsuki quickly hugged her holding her tightly as if it would save her.

"I wish I could have done more for you Itsuki, I still owe you my life," Koneko was crying too but she was too weak to make much noise.